mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

David-
Congrats on the win. Carmatech will have an invite to the sniper comp I'm putting together for later this year(probably summer/late summer). I'll talk with Sonny about it at Supergame and will try to get the format/logistics figured out soon. I'd like to make it primarily a charity event for the Fisher House and will try to make different course difficulty levels so players of different skill levels and ability can still have a good time.

Uv halo- The comp will have all the elements you mentioned and then some. The top difficulty level will challenge even the most experienced players physically and mentally.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

I stand corrected and I apologize for my earlier misstatement. I'm glad Carmatech is actively participating in this forum and actively supporting the competition and the players out on the paintball field. And a def congrats!
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Nice to see a rep on here we should have an sar12 thread!
casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Nice to see a rep on here we should have an sar12 thread!
Agreed.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I think it might be time for a Carmatech sub-forum.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Information regarding shot to shot velocity deviation

For over a year now, we have been testing internally with different barrel combinations and optimization of the valve trains. A BTT member has been doing some testing of his own up in the Canadian winter. I guess he has an indoor range where he tests many many guns and combinations. This is the type of guy that we found very valuable because if the gun was sold, this guy probably purchased/played/worked with it. He is very technical in his testing. I am accepting of the fact that many of you will find these numbers to be "untrue" especially from a manufacturer... in an industry that is plagued by lack of ethics. So that being said here are the numbers that he came up with.

Still getting the information from him regarding specifications to the test. IE make and model of Chrono, however these numbers don't really surprise us as it mimics our results internally. The gun setup was SAR12 with HH20 barrel, Jigabo barrel lubricant and shooting FS rounds. The bolt action has a 1/8 npt on the back for optional mounting of a micro gauge. He mounted a digital gauge in this position. Operating pressure was substantially lower than 300, due to a revision (production level) to the cup seal design and mass. The marker had been cycled about 1000 times to properly seat the regulator orings, lubricant, and stress cycle the springs.

Thanks for your time
David Williams

Last edited by CarmatechEng; 05-06-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Clarity
CarmatechEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #27 (permalink)

[QUOTE=CarmatechEng;2682800]DSA: This is a loaded question! As a player what is your role? If your a sniper that always uses FS rounds, the bolt action 20" will give you the most consistant shot to shot repeatablitly. Our beta testers as well as our in house testing has found that this combination gives us a repeatability of plus minus 1 FPS from shot to shot. From our testing this is what we found was needed to be repeatable on targets at range. The drawbacks to this combination are relatively slow shot per minute (bolt action) and the barrel will shoot regular paint; however it over rotates a paintball thus causing amplified spin drift. On the other hand the 16" (or 14" plus tip) can handle both rounds. The range/ accuracy is substantially decreased, however you may not need that. The sniper version can drop down to the CQC version, and vise versa. We have also manufactured some AR15 forgrip adapters that allow for mounting of any free floating ar15 system to the rifle. One last note the gun is cocker threaded, and we are working on making a barrel mount that would accept A5 threads as well. That will probably be mid summer release. Thanks for the interest[/QUOTE

I want to start off by congratulating you on the sniper competition win. I also want to say that those velocity numbers for the SAR12 are indeed impressive. I do, however, want to offer another opinion on the respective accuracy of the Carmatech 20" Hammerhead barrel when tested against the shorter 14" Hammerhead barrel. In particular, I am referring to Hammerhead's Mojo barrel.

I will also admit to a bias. Going into the testing I had a strong belief that the 20" Hammerhead barrel would outperform its shorter brethren. In some quick, initial testing at short range (25 yards), it appeared to me that the longer barrel was going to be the better of the two. Actually, I was quite excited by that prospect. As my testing proceeded, however, the hope that I would see increased accuracy was not born out. Over about a 6-8 week period, I put approximately a thousand rounds of first strike through a number of barrels including the long and short Hammerhead barrels. The final part of this testing involved firing both Hammerhead barrels from a CCM SR1 at a target 47 yards downrange. The testing was done inside to eliminate the wind variable and the gun was clamped to a Caldwell Lead Sled for consistency. The gun velocity was checked with a Clock chronograph. The 20" Carmatech/Hammerhead barrel is a good one and accurate, however, I found the 14" Mojo was substantially more accurate shooting much tighter groups.

I haven't shot the SAR12 and I am sure it is a very fine weapon, but I don't agree with statement that a user will find that using the shorter Hammerhead will result in accuracy that will be "substantial decreased."

I have to presume that the barrel will become widely available after the SAR12s are released. I am throwing my observations out there not because I want to, in any way, denigrate the SAR12, but instead because I think that shooters should keep an open mind on the relative merits of these barrels and not accept a blanket assertion that using the longer barrel will automatically result in substantially better accuracy. Don't accept my testing as the final answer either; do your own. My suggestion is that players should test them side by side for themselves using their own guns. Of course, adding all that extra barrel length definitely makes a gun look sexier, but it also makes the gun much heavier and less maneuverable in the field.

If you know me or have read my stuff, then you also know that I am a long-range shooter and that all I care about is accuracy, not brand names. I use what works best. For my purposes, the results were crystal clear. If you saw me last weekend at Supergame then you also saw that it was that little Mojo barrel that was just peeking out of the end of the Daniel Defense Rail on my SR1.

Just food for thought.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

Barrel Length

This is a fair statement by Trinity. We have on multiple posts, stated that we don't stand by any promises that this barrel will work optimally on other markers. We have been working to integrate this barrel on the SAR. Although the barrel is a critical part to any marker, many overlook the science of the valve decompression (IE Valve dwell, displacement, laminar or turbulent air flow.) The SR1 has a completely different "engine" from that of the SAR12. Most markers can run a 4-6 inch barrel and produce 300 fps shots...the SAR12 bolt action can't. The bolt action needs every bit of a 14" barrel to be able to reach 300 fps. This is because we have optimized around the 20"
In closing, I will state that we have tested both the HH14 (16 with tip) and the 20". If we didn't see improvements by using the 20" we wouldn't offer it. It is a very expensive barrel to produce. The barrels are heavy, however; we have balanced the SAR12 to use the long heavy barrel. Center of gravity for the SAR12 is in the center of the magazine well, directly between the trigger grip and the offhand hold.

Thanks
David Williams
CarmatechEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Either way I bet Trinity wont sell me his 20HH, it's just too sexy. That being said I would love for both of you to test these barrels in both humid and arid conditions. Being a D-Day fan and player, I will say humidity is not a long barrels friend. That being said, my expierence is with paintballs and not FSR. I am so looking forward to reading about the event results and it's still not ou of the question that Zack and I will make it. I laid it out like this, "Son, your graduating from high school in three weeks it may be our last time to D-Day it before boot camp...... "

He said "Boot Camp????"

Seriously, we might be a Thursday night drive just to field the SR-1 and the iSniper project. I really want to get this on the field of battle!

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Either way I bet Trinity wont sell me his 20HH, it's just too sexy. That being said I would love for both of you to test these barrels in both humid and arid conditions. Being a D-Day fan and player, I will say humidity is not a long barrels friend. That being said, my expierence is with paintballs and not FSR. I am so looking forward to reading about the event results and it's still not ou of the question that Zack and I will make it. I laid it out like this, "Son, your graduating from high school in three weeks it may be our last time to D-Day it before boot camp...... "

He said "Boot Camp????"

Seriously, we might be a Thursday night drive just to field the SR-1 and the iSniper project. I really want to get this on the field of battle!
The barrel is already sold. DJMatt bought it at Supergame this last weekend.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike