mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   First Strike (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/)
-   -   ODX Sniper Competition Winner (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/231099-odx-sniper-competition-winner.html)

jjron99 04-10-2013 11:08 PM

ODX Sniper Competition Winner

From Hammerhead's Facebook page:
Carmatech Engineering placed 1st in the 1st annual Paintball Top Sniper Competition using their SAR-12 marker with a Hammerhead Barrel. Great job guys!

From Carmatech Blog:
The SAR12 took 1st Place at the 1st Annual Paintball Top Sniper Competition held at Command Decisions Wargame Center this past weekend. The winning shots included over 20 consecutive hits at 70 yards and 5 out of 6 hits at 100 yards. No other paintball manufacture came even close. We are proud of this milestone and can't wait for paintballers around the world to experience the accuracy of this platform. David Williams was the sniper and Chris Fisher was the spotter for Team Carmatech.

CARMATECH ENGINEERING: SAR12 Sniper Paintball Marker WINS 1st Place at the 1st Annual Paintball Top Sniper Competition

240SX 04-11-2013 10:04 AM

Those are amazing consistencies for those distances.

BigOldSkool 04-11-2013 08:32 PM

Why does that seem like a made up event just to sell product?

jjron99 04-11-2013 10:05 PM

I don't know but those are pretty amazing stats.

crazyorigin 04-11-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOldSkool (Post 2681453)
Why does that seem like a made up event just to sell product?

It likely is but it is open to all those of markers and players I believe so its a level playing field. It mainly comes down to experience, and I would imagine the R&D team for Carmatech has a lot of it. Hopefully it is an annual (or perinneal if your into plants) event, we may see the award given to another platform in the future.

uv_halo 04-12-2013 03:51 AM

Here's some info from the event promoter via Facebook:
Quote:

1st Place with a score of 1992.06 was David Williams and Chris Fisher. (David Williams is the designer and owner of Carmatech Engineering and developed the SAR12 bolt action paintball sniper rifle.)
2nd Place with a score of 1852.75 was David Davis and Vincent "Skreech" Aponte from Team ODX.
3rd Place with a score of 1645.37 was Andrew "TAZ" Chantalle and Wendall "Runaway" McInnis of Callsign Boxer.
4th Place with an honorable score of 1634.09 was Matt "Stretch" Armstrong and Chad "Whiplash" Moore of Team Psiworx.
Quote:

Highlights were: Incredible shooting by Dave Williams nailing the 200 ft target 21 times and the 300 ft target 5 times in 2 minutes! The speed of Vincent and David on the endurance run and making the shot with Valken's Redemption paintballs. "TAZ" making long distance shots with a pistol. David Cady for making a 178 foot shot from the back of a moving "Duece and a half"....in the kneeling position!!! "Stretch and Chad Moore making a 30.38 second run throught the TAPSAC range with Milsig Magfed markers, when the total fastest time was 29.78 with an A5 and a speedball marker!
I haven't seen anything yet discussing ranges involved in any of the stages, or the scoring applied for any range. Nor was there any mention of shooting from a moving vehicle.

Personally, I find it odd that Carmatech is a sponsor and, they fielded a team, and second place was taken by the same group who ran the event (ODX).

casper 04-12-2013 04:01 AM

Ah yes home cooking nothing like it !!

jjron99 04-12-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uv_halo (Post 2681787)
Personally, I find it odd that Carmatech is a sponsor and, they fielded a team, and second place was taken by the same group who ran the event (ODX).

Definately odd and (maybe shady?) but I don't see anything wrong with it. Those two teams had a lead... I think it's commonly called home field advantage. I just hope it doesn't deter anyone from competiting in the future. It would be nice to have multiple sniper competitions around the country.

SD.Pump 04-12-2013 01:57 PM

Has the SAR shipped yet? It's been years.

DSA 04-12-2013 01:59 PM

I erred in my first statement, it's a.ways good to see this very small but growing nitch get good press.