mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

View Poll Results: Should FSR Go Mainstream?
Yes, DSA you are full of it! 9 20.93%
Let's wait and see.... 21 48.84%
No, not yet we are not ready for this advancement. 14 32.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Snake

Brass N Wood Fan
wait till july hits and the 1to1 round comes out i dont see these problems with them
SASBRANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrpaintball View Post
wait till july hits and the 1to1 round comes out i dont see these problems with them
100% agreed.....I also have to say keep in mind companies are trying to develope a better shaped projectile. A round thats softer capable of distance and accuarcy and cheaper or at least at the same price as cheap paint. Paintball is changing becoming the go to application for law inforcment and military. Every kid wants to play G.I.Joe in the woods. Paintball is adapting to those areas and bringing more kids in with it. Example were building paintball fields around Call of Duty maps. FSR rounds are a step in the right direction but just needs some tweeking.In the end companies have to give to the public what they want or that sport will die. To think that FSR rounds will not be mainstream is impossible. We must as field owners and long time players must adapt and consider how to responsibly mentor our players to be ambassadors of the sport, not to over shoot and to discipline those that do.Like many have said "The cats out of the bag" so lets be a garden and "dig" it
deathsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

In all honesty I believe most of the fun of FS lies in the fact that it isn't the mainstream. When using them you have a distinct ballistic advantage over almost every other shooter on the field.

I do have to wonder though: if a shaped round (FS or anything else down the road that's ballistically similar) became the standard for paintball... How would the game change? Would ROF become less important because you don't NEED the "accuracy by volume" mentality for distance shooting anymore? Or would we just have the same amount of douchenozzles hosing just as much paint, much more accurately/painfully?

I may sound elitist for saying it but I'm frankly perfectly ok with the idea of shaped rounds being significantly more expensive than regular paint. To me that encourages it to be used only by players who are ok with putting a lot of time and money into the idea of the one shot kill, and not just hosing people down. I'm not saying I don't want the price to come down at all, but I don't think I'd ever want shaped rounds to be as cheap as regular paint.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I totally agree with both of you guys.

There will always be the machine gun players .The run and gun guys. I think that is great.

A diversity in play style adds another dynamic to the game.

If FS players are not allowed to blend in with mainstream paintball I think they will invent their own game. It only takes 2 to have a game.

I would love to see different styles of projectiles.Who knows where it can go.

Hitting a target at 100 yards everytime with a paintball is pretty exhilarating.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Game Changer check out macy works facebook page this is going to happen.lol

Thoughts?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #26 (permalink)

image from last post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

Old 06-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
We have a great private group of paint ballers assembled in our area and after playing for a day against folks shooting first strikes we have decided not to allow them in our group. I will not shoot something so potentially painful at the kids we play with. We are trying to encourage them in this sport of paintball and I think shooting first strikes at them would be a step backwards for most of them.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Id have to agree the fs rounds does not feel like a normal paintball. I dont know what tiberius is doing or if they plan on changing there design to help with the softness problem. But with other companies designing rounds to compete with tiberius maybe there rounds will not not be as damaging. I agree with ccmachinist the round will be used no matter what but, if companys can be cheap on price like normal paintballs designed to be soft like a normal paintball it will be the new normal paintball because every player will want the same advantage on the feild.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
We have a great private group of paint ballers assembled in our area and after playing for a day against folks shooting first strikes we have decided not to allow them in our group. I will not shoot something so potentially painful at the kids we play with. We are trying to encourage them in this sport of paintball and I think shooting first strikes at them would be a step backwards for most of them.
Hear me out! Not allowing players to play with your group because of a round is not helping the group or the game of paintball grow either. i hope you have considered maybe changing rules that no one uses fs rounds to keep the playing field more equal. If you use them you get kicked. i had friends and players using fs rounds they didnt realize the impact on the little ones till after the games. We adjusted and everyone had fun. The most important thing about our sport is the players and fans. My research show the new rounds coming to the table will fix the issues everyone has with FS rounds. When all you care about is profit and stop caring about the customer you will fail and it will be shown in the future. I look forward to what paintball has evolved to. and everyday things are getting more exciting!!!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike