mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

View Poll Results: Should FSR Go Mainstream?
Yes, DSA you are full of it! 9 20.93%
Let's wait and see.... 21 48.84%
No, not yet we are not ready for this advancement. 14 32.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #51 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Im not certain what your talking about. There seems to be a massive break down in communication here. But its whatever....
Most of what your saying im saying i never actually said. And i dont know where to begin to explain it better to you... Lets just leave it then
The miscommunication is your whole argument that paintballs and FSR hit the same. Not to be a dick, but unless you're holding the barrel against the target you're wrong.

There are many reasons for this, vortex shedding being one. Trying to claim the two function and hit the same ignores basically all known data about the two projectiles. If they hit the same, they'd be widely accepted everywhere and they couldn't be marketed the way they are as given extra range, etc.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

No the miscommunication is i never said that. I said they hit the same at point blank range. Im sure i even used that term several times. And since the regulations are based on 300 fps or less being safe. Which would only happen at point blank ranges. Then anything point blank and beyond has been deemed safe. So regardless of how much longer one round maintains its speed than another. Its all fair game so my attitude is if someone doesnt like how it feels then maybe paintball isnt for them. Dont change the game just because few select people are whiners
And if people can be hit point blank with a paintball and be fine. Then a fsr at any range is also fine. People are whining just because they are butt hurt. So you got stitched with a burst of fsr. People get stitched with normal pb from close ranges all the time. Same thing
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Keebler; 06-22-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #53 (permalink)
Post Whore

Its ok though this sort of confusion seems to happen a lot
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 06-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
all work

I'm inclined to agree that the point is moot given equivalent muzzle energy.

I disagree that getting "stitched" with a rope is acceptable regardless of format. This type of thinking is why participation is shrinking. Listen to the whiners, they are your future.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

But the only way to fix it is to make rof rules more strict such as capped mech semi or less only
Which im all for. But under current rules getting stitched is acceptable. Besides untill someone makes a bulk fsr loader whats the most you get stitched by? 10 or so rounds? Still preferable to standard paint capabilities
Dont get me wrong. I dont own any semi or better markers and i use a hammer 7 for my fsr marker. I completely agree that high rof has ruined the game. But until theres an official rule theres nothing to do. Which brings me back to my original post. If these dye dam wielders were using illegal fire modes then thats that. But if they were just rattling off with fsr on mech semi then theres nothing you can do about it accept whine.
Aka "wagz" on the field

Last edited by Keebler; 06-22-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
all work

I think limited ammo is the way to fix it, but limited ammo conflicts with the current commercial business model.

AFAIK Hooligan was upset not about ROF but being overshot. Specifically by a tank(already out of play) presumably shooting pbs and then by his former teammates(after he was called out) who bonus-balled his skull. Sure he observed DAM wielding douchebags who may have been contravening the rules with burst mode, buy that seemed like the least of the cheating from what I read. This is why I haven't attended a scenario game since the '90s.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #57 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

Oh, it wasn't my own team bonus balling me... The boys in blue coming up the beach either saw my red sniper card on my lanyard or had orders to put the whoopin on snipers. I firmly believe it was option 2.

For the record, I'm not a sissy and I was wearing my big boy pants that day. I can usually take a hit or ten without issue. I have been playing since early 90's, I ref every weekend for the field I work at, ref at all of our DMS big games and have a decent idea what overshooting is all about.

I got shot out from a player down the beach, put my barrel bag on a tried to go to the dead box, got about 3 steps and got one to the back of the head. Tried a new route to the deadbox, wow, 2 more to the head. I looked down the beach and let them know I was out. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs ,wearing red hibiscus camo, yelling at the top of my lungs, I'm easy to spot...
As I turn to walk off, another 3 to the back of the dome... I turned to address the ref on the beach and took another headshot as I approached him.

The back of my head is still lumpy and painful, can't wear a mask right now so I'm not working this weekend or next.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #58 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Oh, it wasn't my own team bonus balling me... The boys in blue coming up the beach either saw my red sniper card on my lanyard or had orders to put the whoopin on snipers. I firmly believe it was option 2.

For the record, I'm not a sissy and I was wearing my big boy pants that day. I can usually take a hit or ten without issue. I have been playing since early 90's, I ref every weekend for the field I work at, ref at all of our DMS big games and have a decent idea what overshooting is all about.

I got shot out from a player down the beach, put my barrel bag on a tried to go to the dead box, got about 3 steps and got one to the back of the head. Tried a new route to the deadbox, wow, 2 more to the head. I looked down the beach and let them know I was out. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs ,wearing red hibiscus camo, yelling at the top of my lungs, I'm easy to spot...
As I turn to walk off, another 3 to the back of the dome... I turned to address the ref on the beach and took another headshot as I approached him.

The back of my head is still lumpy and painful, can't wear a mask right now so I'm not working this weekend or next.
While it's certainly possible they saw your sniper card (at least somewhat unlikely since you were wearing red hibiscus camo underneath it) was there any other way they knew you were a sniper- i.e. were you pre-deployed and waiting for the other team?

Whatever the case, It's for certain A**Hattery. I can think of at least 10 'reasons' some jerks would do something like this. And in this case, were they definitely FS shots?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #59 (permalink)
all work

I'm thinking the red hibiscus ghilly suit revealed his sniper role.

Hooligan, you must be one calm dude. I'd have turned my marker into a bludgeon right quick.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike