mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   First Strike (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/)
-   -   first strike or simunitions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/236037-first-strike-simunitions.html)

casper 06-20-2013 07:42 PM

first strike or simunitions

Recently a field went under locally and I tried to get all the stuff done to take it over and due to some lease problem it's not happening.I was going to work locally with law enforcement on the design of a field that would on weekends serve as a pb field and during the week could be used for training even with vehicals(CQB in Canada inspired me).We had local buisness back up and such and I started flashing around the fsr as well as all the mag feed stuff going on.They seemed very interested in fsr as a go between for pb and the simunitions.I never caught the price of simunition rnds anyone know if they are cheaper than the fsr?? I think as a training aid it would be better than paintballs.Now the question is it cheaper.

PistolRogue 06-21-2013 01:27 AM

I don't know the price but knowing how LE/military training stuff is normally priced... I'd say it's unlikely simunitions would be cheaper.

PistolRogue 06-21-2013 09:19 AM

Simunition*FX® 5.56mm M4-M16 Force-on-Force TOXFREE® Marking Cartridge : Neve's Uniforms & Equipment

According to this, $732 for a case of 5.56 which is 1000 rounds. That puts simunition at $.73 per round while FS comes to only $.40 per round retail. Sims also seem to only have an effective range of 100 feet so FS having better range may be a selling point as well.

uv_halo 06-21-2013 09:49 AM

Are simunitions available to non military/law enforcement folks? What about the gun modification kits? You need those to safely use simunitions. Are they available?

PistolRogue 06-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uv_halo (Post 2739479)
Are simunitions available to non military/law enforcement folks? What about the gun modification kits? You need those to safely use simunitions. Are they available?

Not as far as I know. But the OP was asking if FS were cheaper so he could try to sell them on the idea of using something FS based instead, I don't think he was trying to get Sims for his field.

uv_halo 06-21-2013 01:48 PM

I blame the lack of formatting for my misunderstanding :P

I thought he was talking about simunitions for the weekend crowd given how cheap they are compared to FS.

That being said, I'd be surprised if simunitions had only an 'effective range' of 100ft if it's used in the same context as how we use the same phrase. The website says the 5.56 variant is "tactically accurate with ball cartridges to 100 feet" which leads me to believe they have roughly the same point of impact at that distance. FS rounds have great range capabilities but, due to their relatively low FPS (when compared to something like a simunition or even an airgun), they don't have a flat trajectory for very long at all.

casper 06-21-2013 02:14 PM

Sorry guys no simunitions on the field at all just talking pb here lol.My theory is that fsr is better than simunition as far as affordability for training.Mag feed guns have really taken a leap as far as reliability.More use should bring the price down.