mcarterbrown.com

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 11-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Now back to the thread for Robotech. You should know (and this is something else UV Halo pointed out first) that if you are using these barrels on the Tiberius T9.1 line, then using the small-bore Lapco barrel can require that you turn up the reg so much that it can take the reg out of its optimum operating range. With my T9.1 I did see consistency problems that disappeared when I switched to the Hammerhead.
I'm using it on a Dye DAM...

Interstingly enough I can shoot First Strikes through this and chrono at 285 without a problem and I have the original release bolt in this that people keep saying they can't get to chrono with the stock barrel and regular paint without the gun leaking air. Of course, I did polish the bolt which I've heard helps.

I would like to get the Hammerhead barrel and use the same HushShot tip and .50 cal tip to see how that combination compares. What I'm looking for is one barrel that will shoot both standard and FS rounds even when the standard paint is pretty large.

Right now with the FSR barrel, regular paint is a no-go because our event paint tends to be very inconsistant in size and if the paint is larger than .689 or so, it makes a mess in that barrel. I think I'm going to start match grading my FS rounds though...especially with the Hammerhead barrel.

Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
I'm using it on a Dye DAM...

http://www.b17queenofthesky.com/pain...rett_2_001.jpg

Interstingly enough I can shoot First Strikes through this and chrono at 285 without a problem and I have the original release bolt in this that people keep saying they can't get to chrono with the stock barrel and regular paint without the gun leaking air. Of course, I did polish the bolt which I've heard helps.

I would like to get the Hammerhead barrel and use the same HushShot tip and .50 cal tip to see how that combination compares. What I'm looking for is one barrel that will shoot both standard and FS rounds even when the standard paint is pretty large.

Right now with the FSR barrel, regular paint is a no-go because our event paint tends to be very inconsistant in size and if the paint is larger than .689 or so, it makes a mess in that barrel. I think I'm going to start match grading my FS rounds though...especially with the Hammerhead barrel.
The hammerhead and the HushShot should be more efficient than the LAPCO Rifled. With a given barrel, the difference in velocity between FS rounds and, regular paint will be dependent upon the fit of the paint relative to the barrel. Under loose bore fit situations, an FS round will exit faster than a paintball of a similar fit.

You have .689+ regular paint???? Haven't seen that in a long time- some folks would say you are blessed :P
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

No no, I have regular paint that varied in size, in one case, from .679-.694 so some was super small and some was super huge...if it was CONSISTANT I'd be lucky...My Warsensor loves .690 paint and I can't find something that big anymore with any regularity. Sucks.

As for the velocity, I've already seen that with the DAM's stock ultralight barrel. About a 10-15 fps jump from regular paint to FS. However, with the ability to jump between the two types, most of my regular paint shots will be at close to mid range where that velocity difference won't matter. (Meaning my regular paint is cronoing at 270-275 at a field with a 285 limit and my FS chronoing at 285.)

Last edited by Robotech; 11-21-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Assuming you're talking about products designed to thread onto Big Shot Assault style muzzle threading (like that found on all the LAPCO branded FSR barrels), no adapter is necessary, all of the LAPCO muzzle tips (to include the Hushshot) will thread onto a hammerhead barrel and vice-versa.
Oh that means the CP Tactical tips and the Spyder Hammer7 tip fit too.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

I have a carbon fiber mofo with .686 fin as well as a 9" TPX threaded Lapco FSR barrel on the way. I am building a Phenom DMR and I came across this...

Lapco FSR First Strike Rifled Barrel Review - Increase range & accuracy on your paintball gun! - YouTube

I have got to get out and shoot this CF Mofo to see what kind of groups I get at that distance.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
I have got to get out and shoot this CF Mofo to see what kind of groups I get at that distance.
I've used my mofo on a hammer 7, with a 686 breech back I made. The grouping was the same size as my un-magnified red dot, so it was like shooting a high-drop pellet gun (no wind). It's very impressive accuracy, but I haven't found the right game for it yet.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Bill tells me that CCM is getting closer to production on a new rifle and that changes things up a bit. So the answer to your questions is yes. When I get something concrete I will be posting something more on the Blog and because you asked I will give you guys a heads up since it has been so long.

Are you referring to the next batch of SR1s?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Nope. I am using the first-gen SR1.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #39 (permalink)

I'm sorry, "production on a new rifle that changes things up a bit" is what I meant. Are you referring to the next SR1?

I'm on the list and currently shopping for the rest of the furniture, so I'm dying to hear about any design changes / new features on the coming SR1 run.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #40 (permalink)

You and me both. Bill and I have talked a lot about what he wants to change in the second generation SR1. No hands on yet, but when he gets time on the machines to run the work it will go fast. As soon as it kicks off and he takes the gag off I will spreading the word.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike