mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Scope or iron sight?

I see a lot of people using Scopes for first strike. Is it really worth the extra stuff on top or will iron sights work just as well? Or is it all just preference. I don't really shoot real steel so I don't have a lot of knowledge on sighting in or anything anyways. Thanks for the input guys! Oh I'll be using a hammer 7 for shooting first strike as well as I'm thinking I'm going to convert my TiPX for it too. I won't be shooting it exclusively though just for big games and such.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Red dot works fine!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Didn't think of that lol do you have too sight in a red dot? How easy is it?
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
You can adjust red dots just like scopes, Its just as easy/easier. On mine you remove the covers from the knobs and adjust it with a screw driver.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
I'm talking about the procedure for sighting it in. I know how to make adjustments.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Hang up a sheet and shoot into it. The FS's will hit it and drop to the ground unbroken in most cases so you can reuse them. Makes sighting in a lot cheaper. Just start at a fairly short distance and get it sighted in roughly and work your way back to the distance you want it to be zeroed at. Most likely it should be around 40-60 yards. One of the advantages of scopes is that at longer distances, you can see where the round goes easier. Once you get out that far, it's hard to tell if you are shooting over or under where you are aiming and can mean a lot of waisted rounds. Another advantage is being able to use some sort of adjustable riser to adjust for the different distances, a red dot will work for this also. I really like the fake eotechs. They are a lot brighter and easier to see when you are shooting in brighter light. You can also block off the end of the red dot or eotech so that you don't have to worry about getting shot in the lens and breaking it, it also helps to keep the dot brighter so you can see it faster. Just keep both eyes open and look at the target with one eye and the sight with the other and it will superimpose the sight on the target.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks DJ when I get everything put together I'll have to do that. Sounds simple enough.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If you can do a down the barrel sight first. Remove the bolt and make sure the barrel is centered on the same thing the sight is on. We use that for our hunting rifles, save ammo when one round is close to $2 haha
Marui20025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Currently working with a 2 x zoom red dot anxious to how it works . Currently I was using an adco e dot. DJ is right out past 60 yds hard to see the fsr. I am doing some rnd drop experimenting drop of out to 50 yds is minimal . Out at 100 yds drop is like 5 feet!!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Does anyone use iron sights? Just curious on what peoples experience is on them, and what to look for (adjustable non-adjustable?).

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike