mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 07-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
operator

storage of first stike rounds

what is the shelf life of these rounds and what is the best way to store them.i have a few 100 round boxes and that are 4 months + that i have not been able to use due to back injury. I have found that some of them hve leaked. They are are stored in house with no extreme temp change the are stored in the factory box and bubble wrap bag.
Jokerrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Sounds great to me !!Since your down right now take those rnds out size them and weigh and seperate them.You wont be sorry you did !Also once sorted store them in 10 rnd tubes tips down so the fill settles.Every little bit helps.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had some around 40 FS rounds that were over a year old, I stored them in 10round tubes and they look great (I shot them on saturday and they worked great)
Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do fields just let you walk on with these things? It's been a few years since I've played, so I don't know if fields commonly stock them or just allow you to bring 'em along, if they even do that.
t-son_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-son_15 View Post
Do fields just let you walk on with these things? It's been a few years since I've played, so I don't know if fields commonly stock them or just allow you to bring 'em along, if they even do that.

Ask your field operator. Rules vary depending on where you are playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I once saw a guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and when he couldn't answer simple questions like the difference between a K2 and a KP2, I followed him around yelling, "Hey! This guy is a big phony!"
That evening, the cruise director gave me a very stern lecture.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerrw View Post
what is the shelf life of these rounds and what is the best way to store them.i have a few 100 round boxes and that are 4 months + that i have not been able to use due to back injury. I have found that some of them hve leaked. They are are stored in house with no extreme temp change the are stored in the factory box and bubble wrap bag.
Since nobody else answered the question: If stored in dark conditions (i.e. inside a carboard box), they should last effectively indefinitely, aside from those that may have micro fractures which allow leakage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-son_15 View Post
A great place to start looking for a field that allows them is the First Strike Field listing in my sig. Find one nearest to you, and call them (fields have been known to change policy from time to time).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
operator

Thanks will put in 10 round tubes
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Sounds great to me !!Since your down right now take those rnds out size them and weigh and seperate them.You wont be sorry you did !Also once sorted store them in 10 rnd tubes tips down so the fill settles.Every little bit helps.
Agree 100% Just storing them nose down in 10 round tubes for 3 weeks makes a noticable difference! Sizing, removing the nose burr (very carefully), and weighing them will take them up another step.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
operator

I have weighed all 700 rounds and they are 3 grams each. most of the leakers where in the flat bottom on the under side. i could see some slight discoloration, is the a sign of the round starting to fail? they are 500 blue fill the rest is white. all but 200 are in tubes need to get more.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Titus, on this forum in the Dealer's section, is your go to for 10 round tubes. Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering the same thing myself.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike