mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 11-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
First strike double feed

A post on Facebook is intriguing me. A guy says he got a double feed with first strikes in his Hammer 7. How could this even be possible? With working detents or not? Is not like with paintballs where one will roll forward allowing a second to come in behind it. I'm just confused on how is possible with first strike rounds.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've not torn down a Hammer 7 but, if he double pumped that'd be the most likely way. I It is theoretically possible if his mag spring is strong enough, his detents weak enough, the gun is given a little shake, and the bolt is held back long enough, then yes, he could theoretically have a double feed.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderated

I have a Hammerhead rifled barrel that is directly threaded with no fin/sizer. It is large enough of a bore that FSRs will roll/slide out on their own. I'm not familiar with the Hammer7, but if he had a large bore barrel and an ineffective detent, I could see a double feed happening.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I agree with uv halo that he would have had to double pump it unless some really strange stuff is going on.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hammer 7's have a flaw out of the box. its a simple fix, when you pump the gun to hard, the hammer is pressed into the powertube hard enough to cause a blast of air to be released. this pushes the round out of the breach into the barrel allowing the second round to chamber.
simple fix is to glue a piece of rubber(or other material) into the pump handle where the pump guide slides and use the pump guide to adjust it to the right point where the gun cocks but doesn't smash the valve open.
Name:  IMG_1522.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  269.5 KB
capitalpaintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Capitalpaintball now that makes sense to me. Move does the little blast of air all the time. I can see why that would be a problem. That is probably start happened.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Also, the Hammer 7 has a anti-double pump catch on the sear. It normally won't let you pump it until the sear is released.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

The thing is, did the original claimant say anything about a puff/burst of air, between repetitive pump strokes?
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
The thing is, did the original claimant say anything about a puff/burst of air, between repetitive pump strokes?
I don't think it needs a second pump stroke for the burp feed. As the bolt goes back, a ball enters. When the air pushes that round forward, the second round enters while the bolt is still open. Mine didn't do that, but I can see how it happens when that first detent gets chopped easily.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'd think that'd be noticable too.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike