mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 12-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's one benefit: You can load these with some stiff mag springs that would likely break regular paint or FSR. Still could be other potential issues, but I'm excited for these.
jerryjjackson69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

AWESOME! When can I get hands on in the USA?!

I'm a foam guy, work with it all the time as a chemist. One thing to note about foam is that there are lots of different densities even of the same type. Depending on the temperature the foam is cast under and the amount of blowing agent used, the volume expansion of the CO2 air bubbles that makes up the foam matrix can be adjusted, and thus the final density of the polymer. So I've used "foams" before that are almost as light as air, and others that seem to be rock hard and just as heavy. My guess is that they went with a medium/high density closed cell modified or hybrid polyurethane foam with a bio-based polyol side. Or, if they really went fancy, it could be powdered cellulose compressed into a mold. Which wouldn't really be considered 'foam' per say but would easily get the 'biodegradable' wording.

Need to get some hands on!
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Need to learn how to CNC

Try here.

airsoftpyrotechnics.com sells them for $47.00
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
all work

These have great potential as home defense rounds :O
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
Try here.

At that price they will sell some to uninformed buyers, but will be crushed on a whole by FS rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Has too much crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
Try here.

These guys sell them for free shipping from Russia, that is why they are so expensive. Does anybody else have a problem with their website? It used to work fine for me but now it gives me an error code.

Tipx reloading mod
Feedback
Youtube
Ebay
smiffington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

I've ordered 3 boxes before x-mas. I used the airsoftpyrotechnics site. I'll report when, if, I get them in and do a semi-detailed review/analysis on them and maybe get some side-by-side comparisons of them vs FS rounds on a gun rage with a chrono.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

OK. Played with these at a Viper game this weekend here in Texas. Event paint broke orange, so did my 121's so I was good to go. FS rounds are ok, so I figured these were too. Went ahead and used them for about half a day.

Aaaaaad the verdict is????

TOTAL $#@#ing garbage.

Jammed in the same manner 40% of the time. As in 4+ jams/breaks per 10 round mag.

Accuracy was about the same as regular paint.

Distance at same FPS was about the same as regular paint. (It lost it's velocity FAST.)

100+ rounds, not a single hit on target. Switched to my cocker and normal paint, 11 eliminations in <1 hour one balling guys.

It's all in the molding/casting! The design is sound. It SHOULD work. But they need to increase the weight of the black 'foam' sabot to be on par with the weight of normal paint, their molding/casting needs to be better, and I think their size is off. Lots of mold scars and flanges randomly on them. Lots of bug holes. Just very very poor QC. Had to chrono down to 180fps normal paint to get them to shoot at 280, so there was no dual paint option due to weight differences, Jams were a complete nightmare due to, my guess, a size difference and the ubiquitous and random flanges/mold scars/bug-holes ont the sabot.

I'll try shooting the rest I have from the side feeding Trracer I have to see if I can't improve on the accuracy with different barrels and the like, but at this point, I'm not hopeful at all.

It's too bad. These can and should work, but unless they improve their production QC and make some size/weight adjustments, these won't be getting my $ again.

Bummer.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottallen1986 View Post
OK. Played with these at a Viper game this weekend here in Texas. Event paint broke orange, so did my 121's so I was good to go. FS rounds are ok, so I figured these were too. Went ahead and used them for about half a day.

Aaaaaad the verdict is????

TOTAL $#@#ing garbage.

Jammed in the same manner 40% of the time. As in 4+ jams/breaks per 10 round mag.

Accuracy was about the same as regular paint.

Distance at same FPS was about the same as regular paint. (It lost it's velocity FAST.)

100+ rounds, not a single hit on target. Switched to my cocker and normal paint, 11 eliminations in <1 hour one balling guys.

It's all in the molding/casting! The design is sound. It SHOULD work. But they need to increase the weight of the black 'foam' sabot to be on par with the weight of normal paint, their molding/casting needs to be better, and I think their size is off. Lots of mold scars and flanges randomly on them. Lots of bug holes. Just very very poor QC. Had to chrono down to 180fps normal paint to get them to shoot at 280, so there was no dual paint option due to weight differences, Jams were a complete nightmare due to, my guess, a size difference and the ubiquitous and random flanges/mold scars/bug-holes ont the sabot.

I'll try shooting the rest I have from the side feeding Trracer I have to see if I can't improve on the accuracy with different barrels and the like, but at this point, I'm not hopeful at all.

It's too bad. These can and should work, but unless they improve their production QC and make some size/weight adjustments, these won't be getting my $ again.

Bummer.
Thanks for the review. How is the weight balance of the rounds? Is the center of mass similarly placed to the FSR? Also, what sort of jams were you getting (nose up, nose down, round loaded side ways, etc)?

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

I was wondering about the weight and balance as well. Increasing the weight of the black foam bit will likely destabilize the round ruining accuracy and range.

From the review, I would think cool idea, bad execution.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike