mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 02-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Shaped Ammo Advocate

Was that my nose itching? Yup. I scored a warehouse in Jacksonville and we're live for this weekend.

The camera is more to answer pet questions about FS flight than any of the technical things we've discussed here but I'd be happy to work in some simple 121 tests - scott actually messaged me about it the other day.

I wanted to get it wrapped up waaaaay sooner but getting the shooting space was a god awful time (school hasnt helped either).
Whiskey Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Will you be comparing fsr rounds, 121 rounds, and standard rounds fired from both smooth and rifled barrels? You are my hero for this, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #43 (permalink)
Rec Poster

100 round box of 121's will be arriving Thursday via USPS Whiskey. Should be able to get some data from those... if they load. lol

I might suggest using 121's after all the FS data has been captured...
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Shaped Ammo Advocate

Got em yesterday. I'm running the test in 2-3 phases which each require a unique setup equipment-wise, so I'll just shoot them at the end of each phase that I'm testing them for. The tests will be very "FS w/ rifled barrel" centric with maybe some rider tests for smoothbores added on if there's time and ammo.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

Good job whiskey im excited to see your results
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

When it comes to FS rounds, I don't see any benefit to smoothbore barrel testing- we already know how they affect FS rounds (several accuracy tests, dual chrono testa, and even max range test).

Given the design of the 121 round (skirt with angled fins), I'm confident that a rifled barrel will do more for the rounds than a smoothbore barrel. However, the only question is, how much better? We do need: an accuracy test, a dual chrono test and if someone wants to confirm the math, a max range test.

For regular paint, rifled and smoothbore barrels have already been tested.

For the dual chrono test please record the altitude. temp and humidity for the test.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
Shaped Ammo Advocate

We wrapped up the first round of testing last Saturday. It took us 5 hours and we still didnt get everything we wanted, so were gonna go for a second round later this week early next week (shooting for Monday or Tuesday) - depending on time and finances. Ill keep you guys posted about progress, and Ill release the data as soon as I've had time to look over it.

Last edited by Whiskey Hammer; 02-25-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #48 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Interested to see how this goes - the 1-2-1's have been getting a lot of flak from people I've spoke to here in the UK, mostly down to concerns of the foam impact. Was going to pick some up myself (there's an event coming up run by the partners of MagFedPB UK (the suppliers for 1-2-1)), but was holding off for that very reason.
Not sure how many have actually used them, and how many are jumping on the bandwagon though...

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Interested to see how this goes - the 1-2-1's have been getting a lot of flak from people I've spoke to here in the UK, mostly down to concerns of the foam impact.
This phrase cracks me up. These skirts are slightly more foamy than the body/skirt of FS rounds. I would describe the consistency of these rounds to charcoal briskets but, you can see some tiny air bubbles in the 'foam'.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #50 (permalink)

For that price they need to be ball on ball accurate out to their proposed 50 meters. A .5 paintball inside a base ring... I dunno. Lighter means it will be more affected by wind.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike