mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 12-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

121 Rounds - The good, The Bad.

121 Rounds are now available in the UK

One2One – Is a hybrid of 0.5 caliber paintball and 0.68 cal. base ring made of absolutely traumatic-safe polymeric biodegradable foam. It’s made for using with all 0.68 cal. magfed markers that is compatible with the «First strike» projectiles. The base ring has stabilizing vanes that make the projectile spinning around its axis.

Despite of a small amount of paint, the one2one is very effective in marking its hits. It is caused by one2ones construction – half of a paintball deepens inside of a base ring, which makes all paint remain at the hit point after it strikes the target. No drops or splats, it leaves accurate and bold mark on the target.

The weight of assembled projectile is 1,8±0,1gr., that is 40% lighter than the First strike one. If one compares these two projectiles, it becomes clear that they have completely different purposes: The «First strike» is made for long distance sniper fire, effective from 50m to 95m. The One2One's purpose is to deliver effective fire on the range between 0m to 50m. At the 50 meter mark the vertical “bullet drop” is up to 25cm only. There is almost no vertical correction for projectile at the first 35 m. distance which makes use of “red dot” sights recommendable. With One2One projectiles players can hit head-sized target at the range of 40m in 80% of shots. The maximum range of the One2One projectile is 95m. You can combine both ammunitions to make yourself ultimately universal paintball player.

Using of a “Hammerhead” riffled barrel will dramatically increase the effectiveness of the “One2One” projectiles.

Last edited by jjron99; 02-28-2014 at 01:15 PM.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Based on foreign exchange, it should be around $33.50 for a box of 100.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

At least they declare that they won't have the range of FS. The magfed guys will likely be the ideal customer for these, just like they say. If you have a red dot and can shoot FS, this would be a good item to try.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I'd really like to see these under a dual chrono test.

Being lighter than FS or even regular paint will make them more susceptible to crosswinds and serve to detract from their range.

They will do better in a mag fed gun than a regular ball but, I don't know if they will perform and handle well enough to justify the cost. Yes, cheaper than FS but, still much more expensive than regular paint.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

they look like they would work well for indoor play though.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Now that I know they're made of foam, I actually really like the idea.

These would be great for close-up precision shooting.

They aren't that much cheaper than FSR though, so you'll be forced to go picking them up afterwards to really get the most bang for your buck.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have to assume that these are coming with the .50 cal ball already inserted in the round?

If so, I wonder about the quality of the .50 cal paint. I would prefer to load JT splatmaster paint into these!
jerryjjackson69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
they look like they would work well for indoor play though.
But, would they work better than regular .68 ball? Especially in a price/performance factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Now that I know they're made of foam, I actually really like the idea.

These would be great for close-up precision shooting.

They aren't that much cheaper than FSR though, so you'll be forced to go picking them up afterwards to really get the most bang for your buck.
I handled one at Living Legends. If I remember correctly, it wasn't the 'final' version but, I'd not call it foam. It was in the sense that there were tiny air bubbles in the material but, it was a very rigid materal that didn't flex or compress but rather fractured under a fair amount of pressure.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

At extravaganza I was given the impression it was foam, but similar to styrofoam super compressed so it ends up like plastic. So its technically foam, but it acts more like plastic because its so compressed. They didn't feel dangerous at all, still plenty safe to play with.
jerryjjackson69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I wonder how their weight/balance is versus the FSR. Being that the paint is stored in a round ball, I'd imagine they have a more neutral balance (so they would be less likely to go nose-down, but also be less stable in flight). I wonder if they can reduce the loading issues that FSRs are prone to.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike