mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I'm not a fan.

I suspect that high capacity loaders will encourage folks to shoot more, and encourage others into the same 'arms race' that has essentially spoiled regular paintball for a lot of folks (spray and pray, gunfights dependent upon snapshooting, etc).
A valid concern, ad one that I also share. However, I feel high capacity loaders are an unfortunate inevitability. The cost of FSRs should help stem the tide, but people are always going to tinker and look for an edge. The technical challenges of feeding FSRs makes this an interesting arms race to watch.

I guess that I could be slightly more interested because I'm currently working on my own FSR loader (using an ATS chain drive), but then again, I think I'd still think this was cool on its own.

A 50 round actual capacity (not a 25 round flip mag) would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
all work

I guess it's kind of cool that some guy rolled his own hi cap magazine but I won't be spamming FSR any time soon. I guess this is supposed to appeal to bankers who play scenario paintball.

FSR aren't just for sniper style play. I find them well suited for pistol use, after all traditional pistol target shooting distances are up to fifty meters.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

This is paintball not traditional target shooting.

Some dudes dress up as bunnies, pandas and bananas. Some as gi joe. Cool as long as no one gets hurt and we all have fun. FSR hurt more. Hard to get and keep new players when they get lit up by normal paintballs yet alone FSR at close range.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think he was just showing it COULD keep up with ful auto shooting FS,if you're going to build a hot rod why not see how fast it CAN go.
I've tried FS at 20 bps in my bullpup to see if it COULD do it,not to use it in a game.More of a "stress test" to see if problems could happen with feeding.I've been hit with enough FS to know a stream would be very painful.Doesn't meen they're won't be aggs out there who wouldn't.People who play like that usually make themselves a target anyway and will get their comeuppance anyway
I'm excited to see this mostly because at 50 rounds I could play almost a whole day with FS at a scenario and not have to reload or carry extra mags
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
all work

If you dress up like a bunny, panda or banana you're clearly inviting ropes of FSR.

Last edited by Nightstar; 02-10-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: undefined
Old 02-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
all work

It's silly to pigeon hole FSR as sniper rounds since their effective range is within pistol target shooting range.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sorry I think I didn't make my point clearly.

Paintball is a game, maybe a sport. Definitely not a pistol shooting competition. While pistols can use first strikes and be more accurate at that distance I ask if it's acceptable to cause more pain to your opponent (who without you could not play at all unless you just wanted to shoot targets) just to have a competitive shooting advantage.

I personally want everyone to come play and to stay with the sport if they so choose. More players = more opportunities to play, bigger games etc....

Shooting people at close range with FSR especially on full auto will hurt. Most people dot like pain and won't want to keep having that experience.

Cheers
Feedback
Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
Sorry I think I didn't make my point clearly.

Paintball is a game, maybe a sport. Definitely not a pistol shooting competition. While pistols can use first strikes and be more accurate at that distance I ask if it's acceptable to cause more pain to your opponent (who without you could not play at all unless you just wanted to shoot targets) just to have a competitive shooting advantage.

I personally want everyone to come play and to stay with the sport if they so choose. More players = more opportunities to play, bigger games etc....

Shooting people at close range with FSR especially on full auto will hurt. Most people dot like pain and won't want to keep having that experience.

Cheers
There is a lot of truth here. However, the onus to keep the game fun for new players really falls on the field owners and event organizers. Players should self regulate, and many do, but those type-A persons (the ones who will shoot ropes of FSRs at Walkons) will not. The field owner needs to set policies that prevent such behavior (barring full auto/ramping, adjusting chrono speeds, selecting when and where FSRs are permitted). It sucks for the rest of us, but it's what we have to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Don't blame the round,capacity or fire rate for over shooting,it's up to individual players to show restraint
My team and another "outlaw" group I play with have allowed uncapped ramping for years,over shooting is rarely a problem,when it is its almost always by accident ie someone walking thru firefight when out. When large groups of new player show up myself and most of our regular players put down their electros and pick up our mechs or pumps
I've found I get overshot more at public fields than our outlaw groups even though most are semi only fields.When I play at public fields I prefer my Mags,mech Ions or Hammer 7.It levels the playing field for everyone
There will always be a douce that likes to blast people,they tend to make themselves targets by doing that and I've found they don't last long playing paintball anyway.No one likes to play with a bully
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
There is a lot of truth here. However, the onus to keep the game fun for new players really falls on the field owners and event organizers. Players should self regulate, and many do, but those type-A persons (the ones who will shoot ropes of FSRs at Walkons) will not. The field owner needs to set policies that prevent such behavior (barring full auto/ramping, adjusting chrono speeds, selecting when and where FSRs are permitted). It sucks for the rest of us, but it's what we have to work with.
I agree with you 100% about the fields needing to regulate and about some people just being inappropriate. But the responsibility of fair, ethical and sensible play falls on the players as well. We have responsibilities that can't be passed onto the field owners. While I think this mag and FSR are cool to watch and see it's not ethical IMHO to shoot at others like that. 1 FSR at distance or close range at a scenario okay. Walk on rec play...okay too depending on the group. More than 1 round not so cool.

About the arms race...speedball has been doing that for years.

Look at us on mcb...we're trying to slow it down to be considerate of our fellow players and to have fun for all.

I think ccm figured it out with the SR-1. Frs from that platform are cool. From some dual wielding tipx player...I just see an unacceptable amount of pain for someone.

Thanks to everyone for having this discussion. Glad to be able to talk to people at these potential issues that I've seen arise from FS.
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike