mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

My biggest concern is that this show, being the only paintball show aired on a regular basis is broadcasting their views. But in social media as we all know, when opinions and views is based whether on accurate data or false data such as misinformation, biased views is then posted and re-posted then shared and propagated by multiple users, it becomes facts to new or uninformed players.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I met one of them at Paintball Extraveganza (2nd from the left, gray shirt) he's a Canadian field and store operator/owner. I believe but, I'm not sure that at least some of the others at the table are coming from the tourney / speedball scene.
Figures.A couple of people who talk more than play,other guys who don't know how to use real cover and manuevers
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tiberius & Guerrilla Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
My biggest concern is that this show, being the only paintball show aired on a regular basis is broadcasting their views. But in social media as we all know, when opinions and views is based whether on accurate data or false data such as misinformation, biased views is then posted and re-posted then shared and propagated by multiple users, it becomes facts to new or uninformed players.

You make an excellent point, and not only players viewpoints, but store/field owners as well.

Videos like this will be taken as fact. If only there was a campaign or group of people focused on awareness and factual information about First Strike. Group would focused on disproving false information and spreading awareness on our passion ways of playing paintball.

2717 Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809

260-478-2500
service@tiberiusarms.com
Gio24dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

^^ But where could a person even find a group of people who perform scientific tests to actually understand the rounds? A group that shots cases of these things without injury.They'd need a celebrity too; maybe someone with an active YouTube channel full of first strike shooting.

Alas, such a group likely doesn't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I hate that ****ing show. It's just a bunch of e-celebs that circle jerk each other. They don't know jack **** about paintball.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I'm no celebrity but, I've shot thousands of these rounds just in three living legends games without incident.

Punkworks has done extensive testing, and I've done extensive research and analysis and as a result we know just what these rounds do in flight and, to inanimate objects.

The problem is that it's very, very difficult to quantify just how safe a paintball or first strike round is when used on the human body. It varies tremendously based on where on the body the hit occured, the terminal velocity, the angle, the clothing/equipment of the target (to include how it fits), and for regular paint, even the manufacturer and batch.

Lord Odin (I don't know if he's in paintball anymore) did a series of videos featuring paintballs and, FS rounds shot at ballistics gelatin. The problem is that Ballistic Gelatin is designed to simulate the average of human tissues faced by a penetrating projectile like a bullet (muscle, organs, etc). It is widely known that it simply does not accurately represent the skin of a target.

The bottom line is that everyone's relying on their perception of safety to make the call. It's a simple acceptance of paintball safety simply due to the fact that they've been around for decades, and most folks haven't had a problem with them, most of the time. There was a huge degree of trust in the paintball as evidenced by the outcry when Monsterball started to give folks serious injuries (i.e. the concussion received by TechPB mike when he was bunkered with them).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Those guys at behind the bunker are *** hats and dont know what they are talking about. After watching part of one video they put out on you tube I was left wondering why anyone would listen to them.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I hate that ****ing show. It's just a bunch of e-celebs that circle jerk each other. They don't know jack **** about paintball.
While I find them full of hyperbole and prone to lean to opinions that best help sell things out of their stores, I wouldn't go that far.

Joe's been running his field since 1983.

Flag Raiders makes its mark in paintball

The number of fields with the same owner for over 30 years that are financially successful? Few, IMO. No one can take that away from him. While I found that video disappointing, I won't paint the picture completely black and white to that extent.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Right up there with you guys!!I have shot literally 1000's of fsr.Never had a complaint from anyone shot at long or short range.I ask how it felt and show them the rnd.I use my set up as a stock class gun in a sense.I find the accuracy second to none and I don't take alot of shoots.I have a pistol with me if action gets close.
The ref that was shot in the begining took that fsr at close range the PB wasn't a straight hit.A bag of 500 balls are 45.00 canadian and they say no fsr are allowed exept for outside produced scenario's.Maybe because of the cost involved with FS there's not allot of user's thus not allot of sales.I could only imagine what FS would cost.Thats their show and their field if they feel they shouldn't be allowed thats their call.I have been shot at 15 ft and 70 yds,I am fine with it.I am far from a lazy long baller with wadddss of cash to drop on thousand's of FS.
Lord Odin's video's are still up here's a quick link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8Fkq-W25E

Last edited by casper; 04-29-2014 at 10:17 PM.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I have always envisioned FS as a game unto itself. Kind of like mag-feed only games.

Men only, no whiners allowed. It only takes 4 or 5 guys to have a game.

Video,video,video. There is nothing like seeing your guys action shots.

If we leave this to other people they will kill it.

Organize. Start a FB page or web site. Post up pics,videos,gear,ect.

I will give my support as a manufacture as long as it is organized and ran professionally.

Let's quit defending the use of FS and start promoting it.

It's not paintball. It's First Strike.

well, that's my .02c and my own opinion.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike