mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   First Strike (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/)
-   -   Behind the Bunker First Strike Round Discussion (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/255725-behind-bunker-first-strike-round-discussion.html)

jjron99 04-29-2014 02:43 AM

Behind the Bunker First Strike Round Discussion

The people at behind the bunker discussing FS Rounds. You don't need to watch the whole thing. Discussion starts at 11:12

Per Todd "They are not the safest thing on the paintball field" 16:43. Ouch. I think they attempted to be fair and balanced but definitely on the critical side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGe1dfrk6A&feature=share&t=11m12s

Jaccen 04-29-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

They are not the safest thing on the paintball field.
Pure FUD. As long as the field is prepped for them (ie. make them chrono First Strikes to field velocity), they're no worse than regular paint IMO.

Gio24dude 04-29-2014 12:47 PM

"First Strike projectiles are for recreational purposes only. First Strike is not intended for use, or as a substitute, in any less lethal application."
First Strike Paintball | Tiberius Arms Paintball Markers

Did anyone noticed how they completely misinterpret our disclaimer?

GoatBoy 04-29-2014 01:03 PM

1 hour 34 minutes.

No. No, just no. Say 'no' to low information density.

Nightstar 04-29-2014 01:07 PM

I couldn't get through the video. Too much marketing. Too much hyperbole. Too little expert knowledge. The show format is painful, the hosts(celebreties?) dull.

From what I did endure it seems Engler believes close range use of FSR is dangerous. His disregard for ballistics moots anything that follows. Maybe I'm just being a dick?

IMHO it's much to do about nothing. An attempt to create controversy for the sake of such.

Jackson 04-29-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio24dude (Post 2948626)
"First Strike projectiles are for recreational purposes only. First Strike is not intended for use, or as a substitute, in any less lethal application."
First Strike Paintball | Tiberius Arms Paintball Markers

Did anyone noticed how they completely misinterpret our disclaimer?

The fact that they can't even understand that simple disclaimer or the definition of "Less Lethal Applications" completely negates anything else they say.

uv_halo 04-29-2014 02:14 PM

I reviewed the entire thing (I missed it live), line by line. Afterwards, I sent them corrections and counterpoints, inviting them to post or share it in full.

That was a straight up slam attack when they run it as a panel, but yet fail to host anyone on the show that could speak intelligently about the rounds, and can only pretend to be 'for them'. Anyone who commented in the chat was given a one-liner quote and no discussion on just what was posted.

I'll post up my letter here later tonight.

punisher068 04-29-2014 02:16 PM

Probably one of the handful of times I've watched this show,reminds me why I'm not a regular viewer
If they wanted some real opinions& facts from people who have some knowledge why didn't they invite Tom Kate or a Tiberius rep on the show
Do they hurt more?Personal experience says yes,not any more than a CO2 powered rental gun spiking over 300, a much more common problem.
Are they unsafe?Again,not any more than an inconsistent gun with spiking velocity or someone shooting uncapped ramping
At our outlaw field we allow both FS and uncapped ramping,players are expected to self regulate and its worked out for us.A more common problem is spiking Spyders and junk guns that aren't consistant
It's paintball guys,even the best players will take some lumps.Quit whining and take your lumps like a man
BTW who are those fools?Other than Eric Engler I don't know any of them, their obvious slanted opinion doesn't carry much weight with me anyway.If Bud Orr,Tom Kate,Bob Long or Jack Wood were to give an opinion it might actually mean something

Crimson Death 04-29-2014 02:35 PM

You lost me at "Behind the Bunker."

That's a ****ing hack of a ****show.

uv_halo 04-29-2014 02:41 PM

I met one of them at Paintball Extraveganza (2nd from the left, gray shirt) he's a Canadian field and store operator/owner. I believe but, I'm not sure that at least some of the others at the table are coming from the tourney / speedball scene.