mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 05-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Do you have a solid file and/or napkin drawing for that adjuster disk? I have CNC's and that looks really easy to make.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I can probably get a file, right now I just have napkin drawings with exact measurements that CCM was able to use to produce it perfectly. I'll see what I can do if there's not enough interest to make it worthwhile for CCM.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Sounds good, keep me posted. I want one and I don't even have the riser it goes on.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

What's the minimum order and how much would it cost to get the HHA mod on a CCM run?
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

that is awesome. if someone offers this service at a reasonable price i'll be a customer
xxerexx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

CCM Fan
This is all based off of a casual conversation with Bill at CCM so please don't take everything I say as fact since they have to be fairly sure of the demand for these before they come up with any solid numbers. From what I understand from talking with Bill, it would take about 50 to justify setting up a run of these. There would be a few different ways to do the mod. One would be to send in the Optimizer so that it could be disassembled and have the needed machining done, another way would be if he could make a replacement part for the vertical groove and send it out for you to assemble at home, or he could produce just the dial and leave the vertical groove modification up to you to do (which any machine shop should be able to handle or if you're handy with a dremel, you could probably do yourself). I'm not sure which way would work out better and it would probably determine the price. I would guess that it would be somewhere in the $60 ballpark but it will all depend on how many since the more that sell, the cheaper they could be. If there isn't enough demand for CCM to do a run, I have no problem helping someone like Echo that has access to a CNC machine to make these but I'll let Bill see the interest and make his decision first since he was awesome at helping me out with the prototype to prove how it works. So once again, post up if you would want it and hopefully we can get it rolling one way or another as soon as possible. I started a list at the top of the first page so let me know if you want on.

Last edited by DJmatt123; 05-13-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #28 (permalink)

CCM Fan
And just some more detail on what I keep calling the vertical groove part of the mod, here are a couple pics of before and after....

Old 05-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I like it and would be in for one (maybe two) I heard there is another run of these SR1s coming at some point.
Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #30 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I'm on the list for that too....I'm hoping for the SR1 run first....then again I already have this....lol. I'll put you on the list.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike