mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Only "PART" Canadian

I have also been working on losing weight. I went from 190 to 165 in about 5 months. I eat alot of salads at work with a red wine vinigerette dressing, cut out fast food, and tried to cut back my bread intake, but I love bread!!! I run the treadmill and lift weights and do pushups.
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
You know the music...

All of those things are great, Uranus. You can have bread, just make sure it's the whole wheat or whole grain variety. Just for note here "wheat" and "whole wheat" are -NOT- the same thing.

Also... Keep your servings to a reasonable number and frequency. One slice of bread is one serving, although almost everyone eats at least two slices at a sitting... Y'dig?

A couple slices of bread with a pile of spinach, serving of lean deli meat, and reduced fat cheese never killed anyone.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Just for Shiggles

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz66777 View Post
Living on my own I have been able to eat better and with more of a goal in mind.
A few years ago I lived on my own in a small apartment near my school's campus, and over the 10 months I lived there I dropped into the low 180's from about 205 in the months before I moved. In HS I topped out at 210, and am not back to that weight now that I live with my mother and brother. It's a LOT easier to keep an eye on your diet when you don't have two other unhealthy people living with you (Mother is overweight and brother is recovering addict, both smoke cigarettes like they're going out of style).

I'm watching this thread now, as I'm shooting to get down to 175 by the end of the year or sooner. I turned 25 in January and am going through a 'quarter-life crisis'. My girlfriend and I are planning to get married in the next few years and I want to be able to keep pace with her 6-year-old son! Not to mention how a more healthy lifestyle will help my game!

I've given up soda almost completely (had a few 'slips' over the last week), and tea REALLY helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi_17 View Post
A couple slices of bread with a pile of spinach, serving of lean deli meat, and reduced fat cheese never killed anyone.
That sounds DELISHUZZZZ.
FEEDBACK
Steam & Origin: Redivulpis
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness