mcarterbrown.com

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 03-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
I AM ACCORDION

Time for Mike to stop being a fatty!

Hey guys, I'm sick of being fat (Class 1 Obese, actually). I'm 25 and I feel like I'm 50. I've decided that it's time for me to make a BIG change in my life, NOW rather than later.

So, here I am, man-tits and all:

209.4lbs. I'm at 32.73 BMI and 39.94% Body Fat. I'm also on the express train to Heart Disease and Diabetes.

My goal isn't a monthly set number, just to make progress. I've tried shooting for a pound or two per week, or 4 or 5 per month and it's not really made much difference. So, instead my aim is to lower my BMI and Fat %.

I have already cut soda to roughly 5% of my fluid intake and am working on drinking a lot more water. Portion control is big for me right now, but I still catch myself cheating every so often, as well as eating almost an entire large Domino's pizza (I know, I know, but they're like the food of the gods).

Anyway. Now is the time of change, and with this thread I hope to have the support of my fellow MCBers.

Here goes nothin'.
Redivulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It's all in willpower and portion control. I'd recommend if you can afford it to find a trainer who will motivate you to keep losing and keep working out. I'll admit I'm at the other end of the scale. I was born premature and weighed 2lbs 10oz at birth. I've been told I would always be smaller than the average person. Well last year I decided **** that and after I started my job doing fundraising I went down the street and got into training with the local boxing for fitness program (Fight Fit). My trainer is training me not only for self defense but to help me bulk up. I've put on about 15lbs of muscle and gotten really toned over the last 6 months. I might not be a massive muscle bound god but I feel a heck of a lot better about myself. I'm also taking Brazillian jiu jitsu and tai kwon do for the ground grappling and hard kick parts of self defense and since a lot of my BJJ training is strength training so I can lock in holds and chokes harder I've just become as a result a hell of a lot stronger than before and my cardio (even being a former track star in high school) has gone through the roof.

Basically my point is if someone like myself who's always been small and scrawny is able to have the willpower to push myself to my limits and beyond and work harder than I ever have before to bulk up someone that's larger like yourself with willpower and determination can lose weight and get to where you want.

Just remember what you want to look like and your goals when you train. You'll be sweating and the ab workouts will make your stomach hurt like hell but the astounding change you'll see will be oh so worth it.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
CCI Pistolier

I'm excited to see the next set of pictures.

Try and find what your calorie intake should be to maintain, then fat loss, and then extreme fat loss. for me 2200-2400 is maintaining, 1800-2000 is fat loss and 1600-1700 is extreme fat loss. I do a lot of protein shakes and 2 different power bars with one real meal throughout the day. I eat about 6 times a day to keep my system processing which I think I feel more hungry but I know its enough because I'm able to do everything I want to do during the day including a daily workout and maybe an evening game of Frisbee. Once I found my fat loss numbers and stuck with them I began seeing results.

Like I said in the other thread loseit.com keeps track of my calorie intake and exercises so I have a record of what I'm eating and doing. I started measuring myself once a month to get my BMI and body fat% and taking pictures from different angles like the P90x commercials for motivation.

-Spaz

^^^ Steal this if you want.^^^

feedback

SPC in the US Army Reserve

Lansing, MI
spaz66777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pronounced Hooper

I like your initiative. If you're looking for a fun caridio workout that will make you sweat try the Kenpo X session of P90x. I keep fairly fit and the first couple times I did it I was amazed at how much I sweat. Good luck!
I can see it now, a mini van full of priests going 80mph through a suburb blasting metallica....

Feedback 2012 Sale WTB Thread
HOEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cut out the fast food. Eat oatmeal. Look at the fat people meals and only eat one of them for lunch. The first 25 to 30 is not too hard.

Be prepared for the nay sayers. Keep your confidence and motivation right.
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
I AM ACCORDION

Thanks SO much for your advice and support guys! It means a lot to me to hear your words of encouragement. I look forward to next month's photos as well. I know there will be a lot of sweat and a fair bit of pain in the near future, but since when is anything worth doing easy?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

The hardest part will be sticking with it. Try to keep busy to avoid snacking, I cut out soda completely and drink flavored seltzer, 0 anything and a bit more quenching then water IMHO. Good luck, we're here for you if you need us.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to keen

you can do it. it's difficult, but you can do it. just don't give up, and understand that it wasn't "one meal" or "one day" that got you up to that weight, and it's going to be the same process to bring you back down. before i joined the army, i weighed 172, now i'm at 125 (i'm short, 5'4") and able to do over 100 push-ups and sit-ups in 2 minutes and running sub 12 minutes 2-miles. maintaining is probably the hardest part.

my wife's car is faster than mine...
keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Ive found the easiest way to keep up with the diet part is to not get fancy with it, morning i eat oatmeal, lunch i eat salad with a piece of chicken and dinner i'll eat the same or may swap it out with just a microwavable thing just to have something different for low calories, so far keeping around 1700 calories but under 2000 easily and im not hungry all the time or anything, been at it for a month now and havent gotten the urge to cheat or eat anything else, no hamburgers or anything, lost 12 pounds or so and its still going, so im happy so far. People say eat alot of small meals, i do fine with just 3 and mabey one snack once and a while and do fine, not hungry in between.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
I AM ACCORDION

Sounds good JLuke. I'm doing more or less the same thing. A smallish bowl or 2 of cereal in the morning, light lunch, and a clif bar for a snack. Dinner is still kinda up in the air. Sadly, my roommates (Mother and Brother) rarely go out for groceries and what we have around the house is mostly crap. I would go buy my own food separate, but at the moment I get next to no hours at work, which means a terrible paycheck tht usually goes into my gas tank to get me to and from school. I'm trying to get the others into buying more healthy alternatives though. Slow going. =/

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness