mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 05-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bigger Balls

Someone used BMI again.

I'm getting my mallet.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
I like to cook about 8 chicken breasts on the grill every sunday night, A LITTLE sea salt, and come cracked black pepper.
That opens up my options for lunch greatly.
Cut it up and put it on salad, make a wheat wrap with a little low fat mayo, some brown rice and chciken the options are endless.
I cut out soda, lemonade whatever with sugar. I make my own Unsweet tea, with a wedge of lemon and mint leaves.
Portion control really helped me alot in college. Its not always easy to eat well when your in college, So buy smaller plates. Literally the 1/2 size paper plates are plenty for a meal.
Now if i could stop drinking beer id probably be ok.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I eat oatmeal for breakfast with a little bit of brown sugar for a little more taste, lunch meat with light mayo and mustard on wheat bread for lunch, and dinner just depends on the day. Dinner always has at least one vegetable, ground turkey instead of ground beef (if it's an appropriate food), or lean chicken breasts. I only eat out on rare occasions. Even then, there's always a salad bar involved. If you like yogurt, and you are hungry between meals, eat a cup of yogurt (find a brand and flavor you like and make sure it's light). This also works as a healthier desert if you throw it in the freezer for about 25 minutes. Besides this, do exercises every day. Even simple things such as walking the dog around the neighborhood can help you stay fit and loose weight.

You can join a gym--Planet Fitness is a good cheap gym ($10 a month). According to Planet Fitness, there are 42 in your State. Do arms, legs, back, chest, shoulders, and 15-30 minutes of cardio every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On weekends, do an hour of cardio (treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, etc.). After working out, it is a good idea to eat something. You can make a protein shake (all you need is powder, a water bottle, and the gym's water fountain), carry some granola bars in your gym bag, or just eat immediately after getting home. A small bag of almonds is also a good choice. As far as protein shakes go, Whey is a good brand, and you can find it in a lot of stores (even WalMart). They have lots of different flavors, ranging from chocolate to strawberry or orange (I like chocolate). All you do is get a reusable water bottle, fill it with the amount of protein powder required, cap it off, and take it with you. Then, after working out, fill it with water from the gym's water fountain. Just shake it until the power is dissolved. Protein shakes don't taste amazing (nothing in comparison to milk shakes), so it's best to just chug it down fast.

Last edited by Hawkeye20; 05-26-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness