mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 05-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
My Bike sponsor "t-shirts"

Last year I rode RAGBRAI (Registers Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) for the first time, which is a 7 day bike ride across the great (and hilly-er than you'd think) state of Iowa, beginning when you dip your tire in the Mighty Missouri and ending approximately 600 miles later when you dip your tire in the Mightier Mississippi River. This also takes place the last week of July, is at the very least in the top 5 of hottest weeks of the year. But its not a race, just a pleasure ride through beautiful country with thousands of your new cycling friends drinking beer, enjoying festivities and camping along the way.

After the ride my dad tells the folks from Up Hill Grind Cycle Fitness in Illinois about me having done RAGBRAI and what it was all about when my Dad is talking to them about some advertising with Cromwell Radio Group. So by the end of his sales call they ended up also giving my dad a store T-shirt for him to give to me.

Fast Forward to two weekends ago (mother's day). I went to Illinois to do a one day ride with my Brother-In-Law. We rode The Red Carpet Corridor Ride sponsored by Exelon Nuclear's Braidwood Station From Wilmington to Braidwood, to Godley to Braceville and back again. supporting M.O.M.S Men & Women of Military Service Operation Cookies NFP

Anyway, figuring I'd be riding in Illinois I dug out my T-shirt from Up Hill Grind Cycle Fitness
Here's me and Surfer Elvis in Wilmington:

So later that weekend I mention to my dad that I had been wearing my UHG T-shirt when on the ride, which he was pretty jazzed about. So I sent him a picture from the ride, and he said he'd be meeting with the folks from Up Hill Grind Cycle Fitness so he'd see if he could score more T-shirts for me, my wife, and my Brother-in-law, for when we ride RAGBRAI this July!

Fast forward again a couple of days and Dad calls to say new T-shirts are in the mail. Sweet! I'm a sucker for a free T-shirt.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago. I get home from work.
Box arrives. Doesn't contain 3 t-shirts,
Nope, not a single T-shirt.
No cotton $10 screen printed Ts at all.

Instead it was 3 very sharp ($70) cycling jerseys!

Thank you very much UP HILL GRIND CYCLE AND FITNESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback

Last edited by ScrapIron; 05-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness