mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
been sluffing off the last few days, managed to get some kind of sinus infection sunday.. i know they SAY going to the gym when your sick is a good thing.. i never subscribed to that logic

and sock, my goal isnt weight loss either im 6"2 and about 230, i will probably only lose 20 pounds.. (girlfriends goal is weightloss though), ill live if i never have a 6pack, but i do want to look like i have muscles at least..

Tracker
It actually isn't bad.. Think about what your body does when you get an infection? It raises your temperature to increase metabolic activity which makes it easier for your body to make white blood cells to fight off bugs (fever).

This is where "sweating it out" comes from.
fg2chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fg2chase View Post
muscle doesn't weigh more than fat.

1lb of feathers = 1lb of lead
1lb of x = 1lb of x
1lb of muscle = 1lb of fat

Muscle however is more dense and therefore takes up less space on your body. Which is why a 200lb man which has a low BMI will have a much smaller waist than a man that weights 200lbs but has a 30% BMI. Just to dispell the myth.
I know, I was trying to say it as a joke.. What weighs more? pound of feathers or pound of rocks? (surprising how many people say rocks).. wish there was a sarcasm font

But the idea is, you build muscle and lose fat, and overall weight lose doesn't show those results.
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hows the weight loss coming along?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
been stalled for a bit, you know how it goes, you get into the groove, and then something happens, and then you need to get back on your horse.. due to some health and medication related issues that my fiancee has been dealing with, neither on of us have gone to the gym, when she stops having daily headaches as a side effect of some meds she was given, we will get back on the horse.

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
okay, am back, after getting married, wife suffering from trigeminal neuralgia (google "suicide disease" if your curious), the migranes that were the side effect of the meds.. a couple pregnancy scares because of the meds.. and me suffering a knee injury that has sidelined my paintball career (if you wanna call it that)..... NONE of that is chronological BTW.. thats just whats happened since july..

she drug me to a boot camp thing tonight.. (it was a groupon thing) tonight was cardio.. aparently, i have the lungs of a 12-year-old.. its been a LONG time since ive been that winded.. and it happened so fast...

anyways, you know what they say, the first step is the hardest.. my knee handled it pretty well, and then i decided to test it this evening (the minor hyper extend that happens when you do a kick like your kicking a soccerball causes me EXTREME pain).. after my lil test it went from "fine" to "well that was stupid"

its kind of a nice setup.. and its pretty cool to have someone come up to you and actually encourage you to push a lil harder

so yeah, we hae a month of this.. and then im sure we will start hitting the gym again after

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
if your goal is weight loss, then remember its 90% diet. going to the gym is good and healthy and will help build muscle, but what and when you eat is the most important.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
for me, its not about alot of weight loss. for the wife on the otherhand, it is.. im 6"2 and 237 (currently) could a stand to loose a little.. sure, but for me its more about muscle development.. im just not happy with the way i look, i think my arms are disproportionaly skinny, and my stomach isnt as flat as id like it to be, and it prefer less like boobs, and more like pecs

her on the other hand, she is 6"0 and she weighs more than me.. she doesnt have a build where she can get to her "correct BMI" so thats out the window, she will never be under 180, and i accept that.. besides, id rather have a dancer, not model.. weight loss is her primary goal..

i havent gone back to boot camp thing yet.. as life is in the way (friend visiting) but its given my knee the opportunity to rest some, which has been good for it, it was really swollen and stiff yesterday. today it feels better, and the swelling has gone down some too.. so even though my body might not appreciate the rest, my knee sure does

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

when I asked you how the weight loss was coming I was almost 240lbs I am 190lbs right now and feeling great! I hated myself back then =/

I am 5" 11
Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

BEFORE Taken about 10 months ago,
AFTER
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
yeah yeah.. rub it in.. id love to say that ive been working out diligently and im much better now than i was, but thats not the case

im about the same place i was.. started a new job, and the hours are long. and the work is very mentally draining.. (im the IT department for an entire company)
still tired of how i look. but have been having such a hard time trying to do much of anything besides work, eat and sleep

i wanted to just ignore this. pretend to not be accountable for the things that ive said. but thats not my nature.. i definitely feel like ive let myself down..

Tracker

Trackers feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness