mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Tracker's tired of how he looks

after a aggravating 4th of july, my fiancee and have both become completely fed up with what we see in the mirror

so, not sure if this is allowed here,, but id like to keep a log somewhere, where people can say something

july 4th, first time back to the gym in WHILE, few minutes of walking, 10 reps on free-cable thing for arms, did regular curls, and concentration curls, did woodchops and twists, and tricep extensions, no sets, in between excercises, gf had other person on a ball doing crunches, finished with a 10-15 in walk for her and i, i also jogged 3 laps

total time was only about 30 mins though

went today, july 6th, 5 min warm-up walk, abs still sore, she did legs, i did arms, i used the regular machines, biceps, triceps, and presses.. 3 sets of 10 this time, cut it short because she wasnt feeling good.,
when did the gym become a plastic surgery catalog? so many artificial people there

was there for about 30 mins again

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
good luck.. started working out this week too, found some old pictures from when I was in shape and I still have some of the same clothes so my goal is to look like I did in the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
doing okay so far, has forced me to cook more, which is both cheaper and better for us, unless i stupidly put a couple of heaping spoonfuls of a friends home-made salsa (without tasting it) on the chicken and rice i made tonight.. the indigestion shall be epic!!!

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to left handed

CCM Fan
I will suggest sticking to free weights. It not only works out the primary muscles but secondary muscles too and doesn't isolate a single muscle group like machines do. Free weights = a more rounded workout program IMO. But be forewarned, start with light weight and perfect your form. Free weights done incorrectly can seriously destroy your joints.

Also, body weight exercises work wonders on stiff/unusually weak muscles. Start off small and work your way up. Progression is key to any workout.

Hope this helps, PM me if you need workout ideas or any other help!

left handed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
gym today, made it for an hour, lots of back and some chest

weighted myself this morning, 232.6

at least a saturday afternoon wasnt quite a fashion show,,

got to spy on some remarkably OCD people today though

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 07-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by left handed View Post
I will suggest sticking to free weights. It not only works out the primary muscles but secondary muscles too and doesn't isolate a single muscle group like machines do. Free weights = a more rounded workout program IMO. But be forewarned, start with light weight and perfect your form. Free weights done incorrectly can seriously destroy your joints.

Also, body weight exercises work wonders on stiff/unusually weak muscles. Start off small and work your way up. Progression is key to any workout.

Hope this helps, PM me if you need workout ideas or any other help!
Agreed!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Another thing to think about is that you should try to do something everyday even if it's just something like 20 mins where you jog around the block. Keeping up doing just a little bit between your real workouts will help those workouts hurt less.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Tracker, keep at it. I kinda had the same train of thought as you.. just decided I didn't like what I saw. In the four weeks since I started working out I have only lost 5lbs or so, but my goal isnt weight lose, its to be in better shape (muscle weighs more then fat right?). And in four weeks I have noticed quite a bit. arms have considerable more definition along with my chest and shoulders. im up to 3 full reps of 8 on the bench at 135lbs, squating about 200, and I just feel much better. Besides weights I have also done high intensity routines as well. Most of what I've been doing is all core strength stuff.

Anyway, keep at it, its definitely worth the results. Specially when the girlfriend comments on the results.
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockMonkey View Post
Tracker, keep at it. I kinda had the same train of thought as you.. just decided I didn't like what I saw. In the four weeks since I started working out I have only lost 5lbs or so, but my goal isnt weight lose, its to be in better shape (muscle weighs more then fat right?). And in four weeks I have noticed quite a bit. arms have considerable more definition along with my chest and shoulders. im up to 3 full reps of 8 on the bench at 135lbs, squating about 200, and I just feel much better. Besides weights I have also done high intensity routines as well. Most of what I've been doing is all core strength stuff.

Anyway, keep at it, its definitely worth the results. Specially when the girlfriend comments on the results.
muscle doesn't weigh more than fat.

1lb of feathers = 1lb of lead
1lb of x = 1lb of x
1lb of muscle = 1lb of fat

Muscle however is more dense and therefore takes up less space on your body. Which is why a 200lb man which has a low BMI will have a much smaller waist than a man that weights 200lbs but has a 30% BMI. Just to dispell the myth.
fg2chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
been sluffing off the last few days, managed to get some kind of sinus infection sunday.. i know they SAY going to the gym when your sick is a good thing.. i never subscribed to that logic

and sock, my goal isnt weight loss either im 6"2 and about 230, i will probably only lose 20 pounds.. (girlfriends goal is weightloss though), ill live if i never have a 6pack, but i do want to look like i have muscles at least..

Tracker

Trackers feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness