mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 11-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

That looks exhausting as hell but strangely I am drawn to do it.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Those look like fun beyond comprehension. Must keep an eye out for a local one now!

Proud member of The Peacekeepers & UMSG JTF7
KoolKat's Feedback
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
A group of friends wanted me to do the local Tough Mudder event coming up next weekend. However, I'm still fat and slow. Plus it takes place the same weekend as the Grand Finale. So it's a no-go.

Instead I'm doing the Warrior Dash at the end of January so still time to train. Even if I'm not ready 3 miles is much more manageable than 12. Baby steps...

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I'd love to do one of these too, but I'm with Duce. I need time to prepare. The shape I'm in now would probably make me drop after a couple of miles.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Found a couple other big draw events, added them to the first post. Can never hurt to have a large variety.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Officially signed up to the Warrior Dash for August 11th. 9am Heat. Get the obstacles while they're kinda clean, less slippage and easier to grip. Plus easier to climb steep hills if there are any.

Now looking to sign up for a Tough Mudder, also going to try out those other 2 on the first post the Hell Run and Rock'N Run. HR doesn't have the NY race date set yet, when they do will update.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

There's a Warrior Dash next May near me, but I've got to get into my next NCO school ASAP, and that may be the earliest I can get a seat.

Actually, looking at Mud Run Central, there are more than a few near me next year. Shives, Magnificent 7 - we need to go do one of these as an MCB team.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
There's a Warrior Dash next May near me, but I've got to get into my next NCO school ASAP, and that may be the earliest I can get a seat.

Actually, looking at Mud Run Central, there are more than a few near me next year. Shives, Magnificent 7 - we need to go do one of these as an MCB team.
I would do that. I will probably enter the Warrior Dash in May (i know its in KC & I've already got it on the calendar).

I was scheduled to run the KC Warrior Dash this year, which was back in July. It was a 2 day event and I was set to run it on the second day-Sunday, but they canceled it halfway through the day on Sunday because of too many heat related injuries.
So they offered to either reimburse those of us who did not get to run or they would put our entry fees towards another race. So that is why I ended up doing the Warrior Dash near St. Louis.

"The Miss Universe pageant is fixed. All the winners are from Earth." [Woody Paige]

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent7 View Post
I would do that. I will probably enter the Warrior Dash in May (i know its in KC & I've already got it on the calendar).

I was scheduled to run the KC Warrior Dash this year, which was back in July. It was a 2 day event and I was set to run it on the second day-Sunday, but they canceled it halfway through the day on Sunday because of too many heat related injuries.
So they offered to either reimburse those of us who did not get to run or they would put our entry fees towards another race. So that is why I ended up doing the Warrior Dash near St. Louis.
Yep, that's the one I'm looking at, but I've got to get the last 2 phases of BNCOC (now ALC) out of the way so I can put in my Warrant packet. Mud run or make $1,000 more a month in the near future? Yeah, there will be more mud runs out there.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness