mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Fitness (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/)
-   -   fitness updates (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/211265-fitness-updates.html)

stolz 08-18-2012 04:15 PM

fitness updates

hows everyone else getting along?

Im still doing the gym hard everyday as my time in afghanistan is down to 3 weeks. Today I hit my goal of 165lbs and my abs are showing almost to a 6pack either way they look good, 3 months ago I was at 184lbs. I have been doing 0 cardio just slaying weights 5-6 times per week along with a very strict diet of proteins and a ab workout every other day along with my lifting schedule. But im not going to stop there, im going to try to get down to 160lbs and get super cut and have that beach bod i wanted before i move to san diego this winter.

Painthappy 08-21-2012 02:10 PM

Rock on man...

Still at it. Pushing hard still. Tons of cardio now and over the next 45 days. I've also got standard 3 day a week full body resistance training going on too.

Really working on cutting the excess fat. Down to 188. I figure I'm done once I hit 178 - 175, or so is my thinking.

Then I want to concentrate on eating more, but eating clean, and trying to put on muscle while keeping the abs.

Anyhow, those are the thoughts, but we'll see... I'm on a strict low carb diet. Another month of this, and my body will be ready to burst, but it will be worth it.

77monteballer 08-21-2012 02:51 PM

6'0" and 220 lbs is NOT where i want to be.
but it is a good 5lb drop from where i was a week ago. all ive been doing is jogging/walking ~5 miles a day, 4 or 5 days a week. ive cut my soda intake to 1 can a day and tonight im starting my core workout.

my end goal is 190, maybe 185. even though im pretty far away from that, seeing that scale say less than 225 was awesome.

stolz 08-22-2012 04:55 AM

gj guys, yeah monte soda is litterly the worst thing you can put into your body im pretty sure heroin is heathlier lmao well maybe not but still. You should try a substitute like g2 or take a normal gatoraid and water it down like 1/2 water. To cure that sweet tooth for flavored beverages.

my biggest problem i like soda with my booze this will hurt me big time when i get back stateside.

77monteballer 08-22-2012 08:15 AM

if they made a mountian dew flavored gatorade, id be set for life. seeing as how they dont, 1 a day is a lot better than the 3 or 4 or more i was drinking. lol

ive been drinking a LOT more water too to try and keep over hydrated and try to minimalize some of the affects of the soda.

core workout last night was intense and after jog/walked about 2.5 miles. my shin splints are still killing me but ice seemed to help a lot after.

senghing27 09-03-2012 08:37 PM

Whoa..
Been a while since I've been in here.

Updates and fun stuff.

Weighing about 145lbs at 5'5"
More toned than what I was before with a much stronger core.
Run about 15+ miles a week, bike when I can, and much much smarter about my dieting.

I'm on week 3 of insanity. Also signed up for a half marathon...
Yay...

LibertyRadeon 09-03-2012 09:33 PM

Hmmm, might as well post, as I am currently training for the cross country season.

-15 years old
-6 feet tall
-140 lbs
-probably too skinny than i should be
-been running 8 miles a day
-current mile time is at 6:15, want to get it down to 5:59 by the end of this month.

/lifeisgood (except that i never have enough money to buy more guns)

Painthappy 09-04-2012 08:32 AM

So after my race yesterday (sailboat racing), it was 4:30 in the afternoon, and all I had was a couple eggs in the morning. I was dying from the heat, lack of food, and thirsty. Figured I would have a quick hit of sugar from a soda in the fridge. I saw some "throwback mountain dew". Never had it. Grabbed it, and started drinking. Wow, that stuff was good. Better than the normal mountain dew I remember.

THEN, I looked at the back. 50 carbs... HOLY crap. That's normally my daily intake of carbs. And that was ONE... just one serving of soda. No wonder people can't lose weight.

Anyhow, I rarely have soda and this one tasted damn good. Too bad I won't have another for 3 months at this point, but I guess that's the point. You eat well, you can look good, and when the time comes, you can enjoy your treat.

Still at 188, (188.5 actually this morning) but I've re-added back in my heavy lifting routine. I've got 4 abs showing... Trying to get those last two to pop this month if I can.

tippmannrocker90 09-06-2012 10:32 AM

Haven't been in here for a while! While training for the NJSP test I went from 265 to 220 when I took the test in mid August. Now I am at 205 lbs and am going to just keep going to see how much I can lose! I haven't lost much muscle strength either. When I was at 265 my max bench press was 315 lbs, but now I would say i am around the 285 range which isn't far off at all. My 1.5 mile time went from 12:30 average to low 11 min depending on the day!