mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Fitness (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/)
-   -   2012 Week 37 Check in! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/213152-2012-week-37-check.html)

Painthappy 09-10-2012 08:45 AM

2012 Week 37 Check in!

This is the ongoing 2012 fitness check in. Jump in at anytime, use it to re-invigorate your motivation. We all have been starting and stopping, but hopefully doing our best.

Myself, I checked in at 186.5 this morning.

I started this year at: 205.7 - Original start thread here: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-week-1-a.html

Could I have worked harder and done it faster? Most likely... But I also didn't want to lose all my muscle mass either.

The upside, I feel great and look better. The downside, nothing fits anymore.

I have changed my diet at least 3 times this year. I've found that constantly changing it up allows me to break through plateaus.

Right now concentrating on losing ~ 8 more lbs, while working on lifting heavy. Once there, will stick with eating clean to put on muscle mass while keeping my body fat down as low as possible.

My timing is horrible for beach season, but for skiing season, under those ski pants and poofy jacket, I'll look amazing :p

The Flounder 09-10-2012 09:04 AM

Great work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painthappy (Post 2469992)
The downside, nothing fits anymore.

I feel that, I have dropped a total of 55 pounds since the beginning of the year. Even the things I thought I would fit back into are too big now. On the plus side I played 10 hours of 3 on 3 woodsball on Saturday and felt great at the end of the day, I could not walk yesterday morning but I was not overly winded on Saturday.

I have stalled with weight loss the last few weeks so it must be time to switch up the diet/exercise plan.

Stilgar 09-10-2012 04:48 PM

gahhh...I have been slipping lately...

But new people at work to try and crush so I hope to get back into it full bore again!

Tugboater203 09-10-2012 04:59 PM

Besides the routine on the boat my kids have been asking to exercise. This includes running, sit ups, planks ans push ups. We're having a bit of fun with it and I can't wait for snowboard season.

Manning 09-16-2012 09:34 PM

How often are the checkins? Weekly? I lost 40 pounds before May of this year but have put 20 back on and want to get back on track. Public shame is the best motivator I have...

Kermit 09-17-2012 11:58 PM

Not had a pop in over two weeks and I feel flat out awesome. It's like a mini-detox thing that goes on.

Been slipping, with the gym and eating more junk food. Hit the gym hard tonight and I plan to get back into it.

TheePsycho 09-27-2012 03:25 PM

I quit going to the gym regularly for a while now after doing TM. Now I gained some weight back after failing my diet and now I've decided to quit my gym membership since it's too much of a hassle with my daughter and my lazy wife. The good news is I purchased bands, push up bars, plyometrics mat & yoga blocks, so that I was able to start P90x two days ago now. P90x is hard is all I'm going to say right now as it's kicking my butt with the shape I'm in. I will say that I can feel it in my muscles. Now I just need to go pickup some multi vitamins and fish oil after work.

Talfuchre 09-29-2012 09:39 PM

I am coming very late to this.

I started Tae Kwon Do two three weeks ago (I go three times a week for an hour) and I ride my bike nearly every day. I am using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and I am staying on track.

I weighed about 270 when I started - and am now at 268 (this is right on track for me considering the muscle gain from the strength training at TKD and biking).

I test for my first earned belt this Saturday (we use a 14 belt system - so I am not even close to the traditional first belt - yellow - in many TKD systems). I don't mind this - and have been having a great time.

I ride between 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours per day. I have been using the 'Zombies, RUN!' app for my iphone - and LOVE it. So much fun.

TF