mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
2012 Week 37 Check in!

This is the ongoing 2012 fitness check in. Jump in at anytime, use it to re-invigorate your motivation. We all have been starting and stopping, but hopefully doing our best.

Myself, I checked in at 186.5 this morning.

I started this year at: 205.7 - Original start thread here: New Year - 2012 Fitness/Weight Loss Check-in - Week 1

Could I have worked harder and done it faster? Most likely... But I also didn't want to lose all my muscle mass either.

The upside, I feel great and look better. The downside, nothing fits anymore.

I have changed my diet at least 3 times this year. I've found that constantly changing it up allows me to break through plateaus.

Right now concentrating on losing ~ 8 more lbs, while working on lifting heavy. Once there, will stick with eating clean to put on muscle mass while keeping my body fat down as low as possible.

My timing is horrible for beach season, but for skiing season, under those ski pants and poofy jacket, I'll look amazing
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
The downside, nothing fits anymore.
I feel that, I have dropped a total of 55 pounds since the beginning of the year. Even the things I thought I would fit back into are too big now. On the plus side I played 10 hours of 3 on 3 woodsball on Saturday and felt great at the end of the day, I could not walk yesterday morning but I was not overly winded on Saturday.

I have stalled with weight loss the last few weeks so it must be time to switch up the diet/exercise plan.

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
gahhh...I have been slipping lately...

But new people at work to try and crush so I hope to get back into it full bore again!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Besides the routine on the boat my kids have been asking to exercise. This includes running, sit ups, planks ans push ups. We're having a bit of fun with it and I can't wait for snowboard season.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
How often are the checkins? Weekly? I lost 40 pounds before May of this year but have put 20 back on and want to get back on track. Public shame is the best motivator I have...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Not had a pop in over two weeks and I feel flat out awesome. It's like a mini-detox thing that goes on.

Been slipping, with the gym and eating more junk food. Hit the gym hard tonight and I plan to get back into it.

Last edited by Kermit; 09-28-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sadist

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
I quit going to the gym regularly for a while now after doing TM. Now I gained some weight back after failing my diet and now I've decided to quit my gym membership since it's too much of a hassle with my daughter and my lazy wife. The good news is I purchased bands, push up bars, plyometrics mat & yoga blocks, so that I was able to start P90x two days ago now. P90x is hard is all I'm going to say right now as it's kicking my butt with the shape I'm in. I will say that I can feel it in my muscles. Now I just need to go pickup some multi vitamins and fish oil after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
lube the shaft and warm the o-ring up in your hand by rubbing it back and forth between hands. then it should go on easier.
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I am coming very late to this.

I started Tae Kwon Do two three weeks ago (I go three times a week for an hour) and I ride my bike nearly every day. I am using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and I am staying on track.

I weighed about 270 when I started - and am now at 268 (this is right on track for me considering the muscle gain from the strength training at TKD and biking).

I test for my first earned belt this Saturday (we use a 14 belt system - so I am not even close to the traditional first belt - yellow - in many TKD systems). I don't mind this - and have been having a great time.

I ride between 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours per day. I have been using the 'Zombies, RUN!' app for my iphone - and LOVE it. So much fun.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness