mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Fitness (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/)
-   -   Your 2013 Fitness Goals (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/221818-your-2013-fitness-goals.html)

matt 12-24-2012 01:29 AM

Your 2013 Fitness Goals

With 2012 coming to an end, and the end of the world not ending, I figure we can start posting our 2013 goals.

Mine include perfecting my one arm pushup for multiple reps. I can do about 3 now, with not so perfect form.
Also want to be able to do a legitimate one arm pull/chin up. Currently doing weighted chin ups with 55lbs for 5 reps.
I'm a huge fan of one legged pistol squats, and can do 5/leg, but still want to perfect form and eventually have the strength for one leg pistol pistol squat box jumps.
I want to hold a front lever. Can sort of do them for reps, but definitely needs quite a bit of work.
Improve my weighted dips. Currently at 100+ lbs for around 5 reps. Would like to be at 150+ lbs.
And finally, muscle ups. Cannot do any yet, but am working on it..
As you can see I love bodyweight exercises.
I seem to have a lot to work on...

What are all your goals for the coming year?

Murf425 12-24-2012 10:31 AM

I have one goal: finish fighting off cancer.

Keebler 12-24-2012 10:33 AM

Way to bring us down murf. Jk. Good luck and keep fighting. For me. I want to lose about 4% bf. I'm at 18 now so it I want to get just below 15% bf. Sounds easy enough right? Wrong and I don't know what the hell to do anymore. I've tried everything

Jkoselka 12-24-2012 11:05 AM

Get off my *** more........pay for a gym membership at the one next door. Nothing better after work then going to the gym and sweating away the stress from your day. God i miss that.

matt 12-24-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebler (Post 2571679)
Way to bring us down murf. Jk. Good luck and keep fighting. For me. I want to lose about 4% bf. I'm at 18 now so it I want to get just below 15% bf. Sounds easy enough right? Wrong and I don't know what the hell to do anymore. I've tried everything

Reminds me of another of mine, which is single digit bodyfat.
Have you tried intermittent fasting? That has helped me get low, as well as many others I have read about who tried it.

Keebler 12-24-2012 03:24 PM

Egh that seems to be the thing these days. Fundamentally I don't support it. I may get desperate enough to try it. Generally speaking though from what I've seen when I've cut calories to damn near starvation levels is it works the opposite. I typically subscribe to the notion that you need to creep down little by little or your metabolism will crash. So I meet my macros and than just subtract a tad. Nothing seems to work though. I tell my doctors how I eat and even they say I SHOULD be losing weight
. And yes I've had everything checked out. Other than bf % I'm healthy as a horse.

p8ntballr68059 12-24-2012 05:25 PM

my goal is to drop this extra 25 lbs im carrying in the spare tire around my belly... i have gotten all my equipment out again and going to use is as i used to.. 45 mins in the morning before work and 45 mins after work every day rotating everything but the running/cardio

Kermit 12-24-2012 05:44 PM

200 pounds or less.

BenoitOWN 12-24-2012 08:22 PM

Will see to afford a gym membership
I no longuer need to lose weight, im happy where I am :)
Some part of me is more skinny than i'd like but working on that

Keebler 12-24-2012 08:43 PM

The rest is easy than. Protein and heavy things