mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Fitness (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/)
-   -   Fitness Check In - Week 6 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/fitness/226158-fitness-check-week-6-a.html)

senghing27 02-12-2013 10:44 PM

Fitness Check In - Week 6

Post up your work outs and your progress!!!

Last Week 134.5
This week 135.1
+.06

Not my leanest dieting this week.
Working on the insanity asylum/Insanity hybrid

I have a crossfit class tomorrow...
Should be interesting.

BenoitOWN 02-13-2013 10:27 AM

Gym tonight, never failed to do gym each 2 day

senghing27 02-13-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJOttawa (Post 2623614)
I went to Crossfit on Monday. (1st day) I'm still sore.
Going back today.

It's exhausting. I'll be back Friday. LOL!

WVprankster 02-13-2013 11:01 PM

I used to laugh heartily at crossfit in general. Then I cleaned Linda's bench...I mean, then I tried the Linda workout at the suggestion of a friend. Body was not ready, but new respect for crossfit was found (with one glaring exception, see below).

The only tongue-in-cheek issue I take with crossfit was a snippet from the televised Crossfit games. As the camera cut back in from commercial, there was a voiceover describing crossfit as "The movements of everyday life..." among other things. The contestants in that particular competition had to then perform medicine ball somethings (they made real-life sense, thought the name eludes me), and then do "handstand pushups...at a defecit," by which they had to handstand (vertical...as measured by a bigass piece of plexiglass) on some pipe handles, and then to push ups. I've never been at a grocery store and had the cashier told me "I'm sorry, WVPrankster, but I can't sell you this six pack until you do 10 headstand pushups."

I'm in no way, shape, or form trashing crossfit- that ish kicks my arse on a regular basis...but I thought that v/o was hysterical, given the on-screen activities.

light-u-up 02-14-2013 12:55 AM

Coming in a little late.
This week 216.
Starting up Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 tomorrow (finally got my maxes for all the lifts)
(for tracking purposes bench 280, clean- 260, squat-365, deadlift-395.)
Diet is high protein and clean carbs, I don't want to get into 220+ but don't want to get lower than 208 or so. Looking forward to the progress over the next few months.

PBRevolution 02-14-2013 02:01 AM

201lbs, finally got my BW to start increasing. 4,200cals seems to be the sweet spot.

Completely revamped my routine for the first time in probably over a year, strength seems to be progressing well so far.

senghing27 02-14-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVprankster (Post 2624352)
I used to laugh heartily at crossfit in general. Then I cleaned Linda's bench...I mean, then I tried the Linda workout at the suggestion of a friend. Body was not ready, but new respect for crossfit was found (with one glaring exception, see below).

The only tongue-in-cheek issue I take with crossfit was a snippet from the televised Crossfit games. As the camera cut back in from commercial, there was a voiceover describing crossfit as "The movements of everyday life..." among other things. The contestants in that particular competition had to then perform medicine ball somethings (they made real-life sense, thought the name eludes me), and then do "handstand pushups...at a defecit," by which they had to handstand (vertical...as measured by a bigass piece of plexiglass) on some pipe handles, and then to push ups. I've never been at a grocery store and had the cashier told me "I'm sorry, WVPrankster, but I can't sell you this six pack until you do 10 headstand pushups."

I'm in no way, shape, or form trashing crossfit- that ish kicks my arse on a regular basis...but I thought that v/o was hysterical, given the on-screen activities.

I agree with you, some parts of the crossfit "culture" is a bit goofy, but that can be said of many other groups with their norms and mores.

I have met a few people that are a bit on the edge IMO, but as a workout, it's a pretty awesome workout.