mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Chikahiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Maui, Hawai'i

Monday morning and I'm far more stiff than normal. Exercised on Thirsday? Friday? Normally sore for a while after that. But yesterday? Paintball tournament. Team Scrat was in the lower division (gravity feed), placed 9th out of 11 doing center flag games, 5 minutes each, and... Oof, yeah. All sore and achey this morning, which I'm not normally.

My brother, who used to work at GNC, recommended I start using creating monohydrate. Did some research, got some, and will post more later. I have to say that paintball is turning into a costly pastime, but at this rate? Hey, I think my doctor will like it. Curious to see what my cholesterol and blood sugar is at my next physical.
__________________
Team Scrat: The first team out eats first.
Chikahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
jc_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

AKA Fan
Creatine? Cut me out a line.

Just kidding. Enjoy peeing every hour.
__________________
Feedback.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Chikahiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Maui, Hawai'i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
Creatine? Cut me out a line.

Just kidding. Enjoy peeing every hour.
Heh... With as much liquid as I try to drink, the fact caffeine makes me want to go, and wanting to pee more often isn't uncommon for pre-diabetics? I'm sure it'll seem perfectly natural to me

Aching seems to be easing up, thankfully. Trying L-Carnitine and L-Glutamine as well. Really need to start a journal, too.
__________________
Team Scrat: The first team out eats first.
Chikahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Paintball Fox
 
BenoitOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada, QC

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
You don't really need all the supplements
IMO:
A good protein blend
A good multivitamin
At last a pre-workout is all the ''essential''

Eating a steak is better than taking that creatine pill, or have it in your protein blend?
__________________
Currently a dealer for:
Rap4(Pending) / Ninja Paintball / Avratech patch / Alumagrips / TechT
Distributor from:
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Chikahiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Maui, Hawai'i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitOWN View Post
You don't really need all the supplements
IMO:
A good protein blend
A good multivitamin
At last a pre-workout is all the ''essential''

Eating a steak is better than taking that creatine pill, or have it in your protein blend?
Well, a bunch of them are more to help with my weight loss/exercise. The rest are for muscle soreness. The creatine and stuff I bought for that is cheaper than steak on a per-serving basis.

What makes for a good protein blend? And, probably not doing too much steak, but that's just me.
__________________
Team Scrat: The first team out eats first.
Chikahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Paintball Fox
 
BenoitOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada, QC

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I would suggest eating red meat at least once or twice a week.
A good protein blend is when the protein % is high(80%+ is good)

High protein help soreness as that whats rebuilt muscles.

Anything thats suggest weight lost need to be paired with a good regime and exercise program. That make me suspicious into the actual effectiveness and the hype behind some.

Raspberry ketones, green tea and the 'new' green coffee beans seem to be the 'latest'. The first 2 can be founds in pharmafreak ripped freak.
__________________
Currently a dealer for:
Rap4(Pending) / Ninja Paintball / Avratech patch / Alumagrips / TechT
Distributor from:
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Working hard
 
Fatal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA

CCM Fan
I'm a personal trainer and the best advice I can give is keep your diet as natural as you can. Your body will react better and the results will be better also. That means try not to use supplements. They will damage your kidneys in the long run. And with exercise just keep it consistent. Try and do it once at a day at the least! Good luck!!
Fatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Chikahiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Maui, Hawai'i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitOWN View Post
I would suggest eating red meat at least once or twice a week.
A good protein blend is when the protein % is high(80%+ is good)

High protein help soreness as that whats rebuilt muscles.

Anything thats suggest weight lost need to be paired with a good regime and exercise program. That make me suspicious into the actual effectiveness and the hype behind some.

Raspberry ketones, green tea and the 'new' green coffee beans seem to be the 'latest'. The first 2 can be founds in pharmafreak ripped freak.
I'll see what I can find. I've been reading on Live Strong and BodyBuilding.com. Trying to keep within budget is the trick for me, so my protein has been mostly from the foods I eat. I used to like EAS' Myoplex, but I can't find that anymore (well, the boxes/envelopes of the stuff) - they were good "drink this, don't go to fast food" rations at work

When I'm about done with my current multi (just a generic Wal-Mart brand), I'll look at something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
And with exercise just keep it consistent. Try and do it once at a day at the least! Good luck!!
I can only really handle the KB once every few days, and paintball seems to be about as strenuous. So, I'm really training once every few three days or so. Looking forward to when I can do stuff more regularly. Right now, for instance? Yeah, I feel ready to train again. I might be underestimating myself, but I'd rather err on the side of safety.
__________________
Team Scrat: The first team out eats first.
Chikahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Active Member
 
PBRevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012

I don't think the brand of multi-vitamin matters, if you eat well you should be getting more than enough vitamins from food alone.
__________________
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Sir Winston Churchill
PBRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Paintball Fox
 
BenoitOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada, QC

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
I don't think the brand of multi-vitamin matters, if you eat well you should be getting more than enough vitamins from food alone.
The efficiency of absorbtion of the brands matter, we can't get them all from foods alone as some are more poors in micronutrients.
__________________
Currently a dealer for:
Rap4(Pending) / Ninja Paintball / Avratech patch / Alumagrips / TechT
Distributor from:
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC