mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7822 View Post
If I were you, I would try to avoid taking a pre-workout. Yeah, it might help you feel stronger and have more energy but there are a lot more negative side effects.

The preworkout you are taking has 300mg of caffeine in it per serving. If you drink coffee, or caffeinated drinks your caffeine intake could be a bit too high.
Yea, I just read the packaging and saw the 300mg of caffeine, good part is I drink 0 coffee and 0 soda, so it should be fine.pretty much my caffeine intake in a day is just that pre workout

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

I intake a lot more caffeine than that and feel none of it. But then i know theres something wrong with me so.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Ok yea, taste is super important now, tried some stuff I found I still had last night and it just made me sick, definately staying away from chocolte ones for a while.
It was that "amp" branded one from gnc.

Jumping on amazon now and checking out a few of those powders to try and get some smaller 1 pound sample type bags...unless someone can possibly reccomend a website that would have them to order from one place? Hard to beat free shipping..

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Truenutrition. Com allows you to customize your protein powder. As well as what goes in it
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Well someone tossed me a bit of some stuff called "combat" made by musclepharm. This stuff tastes awesome, it's supposed to be a bit of a blend between whey and casein, i think it's 25g of protein for a 130 calorie serving, so it's not too bad.
Plus on amazon it seems it's only 40 bucks for a 4 pound container, not too bad on price either.
Vanilla tastes like melted icecream, really good.

After I finish the rest i'll still give isopure and iso 100 a try if I can find the smaller 1 pound bags.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

I've always liked Optimal Nutrition 100% Gold Standard whey protein. They have a sampler pack so you can figure out what flavors you like best before buying a jug of the stuff. I cut the list of flavors off the sampler box and then rated each on a scale of 1-10 using a sharpie. I just keep the card and whenever I want to try something new, I can turn to it to see what I liked before.

It is best to mix it up ahead of time and then let it sit in the fridge. It always tastes much better that way. What I tend to do is to use washed out Gatorade bottles (12oz kind), refill part-way with skim milk, dump in a scoop of powder, cap, shake, and throw in the fridge for several hours or overnight. When you're ready to drink, just shake again like you would a Yoo-Hoo.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Another quick question. Does anyone else suppliment with caffiene? I started taking 400mg in the morning to help me wake up a bit and my preworkout is around 300, any suggestions on what's a good daily dose (a freaking half pound bag was only like 10 bucks so I picked one up 1TBSP=6500mg...whut)? Also, creatine, yay or nay? Keep hearing people complaing about stomach problems and the such.

*edit*

Ugh ok never mind, answered my own question, 400 mg is too much in the moring lol, I think I'll cut that back to 200.
Can't stop sweating and hands are shaking lol.

Last edited by JLuke; 08-20-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Another quick question. Does anyone else suppliment with caffiene? I started taking 400mg in the morning to help me wake up a bit and my preworkout is around 300, any suggestions on what's a good daily dose (a freaking half pound bag was only like 10 bucks so I picked one up 1TBSP=6500mg...whut)? Also, creatine, yay or nay? Keep hearing people complaing about stomach problems and the such.

*edit*

Ugh ok never mind, answered my own question, 400 mg is too much in the moring lol, I think I'll cut that back to 200.
Can't stop sweating and hands are shaking lol.
I take 200mg of caffeine, and 400mg of Sulbutiamine prior to workout. 400mg of caffeine seems a little excessive. Plus higher dosage seem to build up your tolerance to stims faster making it less effective in the long run. I prefer to take the least amount necessary. BTW, caffeine tablets are fairly cheap, I buy a 90ct bottle of 200mg tabs for $3.50, called "Jet Alert". Store usually stock that or No Doz by the pain reliever section.

As for creatine, just buy the cheapest "creatine mono" you can find, it's all the same. Take 5g of it once a day in your protein shake. It DOESN'T matter when you take it, as it take days for the creatine to saturate. It' is not a miracle supplement, so don't expect that much form it. The liver myths and need to drink massive amounts of water are BS. The 5g alone shouldn't irritate your stomach.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
I take 200mg of caffeine, and 400mg of Sulbutiamine prior to workout. 400mg of caffeine seems a little excessive. Plus higher dosage seem to build up your tolerance to stims faster making it less effective in the long run. I prefer to take the least amount necessary. BTW, caffeine tablets are fairly cheap, I buy a 90ct bottle of 200mg tabs for $3.50, called "Jet Alert". Store usually stock that or No Doz by the pain reliever section.

As for creatine, just buy the cheapest "creatine mono" you can find, it's all the same. Take 5g of it once a day in your protein shake. It DOESN'T matter when you take it, as it take days for the creatine to saturate. It' is not a miracle supplement, so don't expect that much form it. The liver myths and need to drink massive amounts of water are BS. The 5g alone shouldn't irritate your stomach.

That's actually what I bought, picked up the walmart brand of the No Doz, 200mg caffiene pills, took two, next time I'll just take one, I just want alittle caffiene since I basically have 0 caffiene input other than my preworkout. (the powder I bought was basically to be a mixin for other things.

Also on the creatine. Do you suggest loading for the first few days like I've heard some people suggest? I think it was from 10-15g a day, basically 3x 5g servings. I just picked up the ON brand of creatine, it's the basic mono type, I think it was like 10 bucks for 500g.
I did do a bit of reasearch, so much stuff out there that is just hype to get you to spend more on a 10 dollar suppliment.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yes, you can load it at up to 15s grams a day, which will saturate you body quicker than just 5g a day, but your more likely to experience the digestive discomfort. After a week or so your body will be "saturated" and it will only take 5g a day to maintain that level. If it takes about one week to saturate with 15g, than it will prbably be more like two weeks to reach that point if you choose just the 5gbasic to load.

Also, I heard carbs help to to digest the creatine, not sure if it's true or not but I eat carbs when I drink my protein shake with creatine.

They are are all kinds of "fancy" creatine derivatives, but the all do the same thing so it's pointless to waste money on anything other than basic creatine mono.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness