mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 08-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ive read some articles saying you should take your 5g creatine even during your rest days. Any thoughts on this?
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Don't.

You want to cycle your pre workouts so you don't get too used to them.

A lot of guys use Creatine for like 6 weeks then stop and restart in another 6 weeks. Taking it on the rest days will make your body get used to it even faster.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Ive read some articles saying you should take your 5g creatine even during your rest days. Any thoughts on this?
Creatine doesn't work instantly, it takes time to build up so take it every day or you will lose out on it's benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
Don't.

You want to cycle your pre workouts so you don't get too used to them.

A lot of guys use Creatine for like 6 weeks then stop and restart in another 6 weeks. Taking it on the rest days will make your body get used to it even faster.
Creatine is NOT a preworkout, it takes over a week just for the levels to build up in your body, so taking it before working out will do NOTHING for you.

You can "cycle" preworkout stims as you body builds up tolerance to them, but cycling creatine makes no sense because it isn't an instant effect, it takes days just to begin working.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I may do the 3 month on 3 month off like most people do for creatine.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Hit one of my goals yesterday, ran/jogged a mile without having to stop to walk to let my shins rest. Did 9:40, guess it helps when you figure out your pace and not killing yourself running then having to walk.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Just a friendly word of advice, too much protein has a tendency of crafting satanic kidneystones.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Theyve pretty much disproven that statement. Too much is subjective. Depends on weight. Lbm. Amount of water you drink. To my knowledge they figured the amount youd have to eat to get stones is an outrageous amount
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMarket View Post
Just a friendly word of advice, too much protein has a tendency of crafting satanic kidneystones.
If that were true we would be seeing lots of bodybuilders and strength athletes which eat 5x the average persons protein intake having kidney stones, which we don't. Heart attacks yes, kidney stones no.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

My problem is finding something that doesn't have lactose in it. Being lactose intolerant sucks. I was trying to find some of the different whey proteins (to have with soy or coconut/almond milk) I've never been happy with some of the other stuff, partially because I'm frugal (read as a tightwad) but also because I fear getting kidney stones. Back in the day when I was in college creatine was THE thing and guys were pounding the stuff, only to get kidney stones a couple months later.

Anyways... if some one knows of a more natural protein powder with out lactose in it, I would appreciate the link.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
My problem is finding something that doesn't have lactose in it. Being lactose intolerant sucks. I was trying to find some of the different whey proteins (to have with soy or coconut/almond milk) I've never been happy with some of the other stuff, partially because I'm frugal (read as a tightwad) but also because I fear getting kidney stones. Back in the day when I was in college creatine was THE thing and guys were pounding the stuff, only to get kidney stones a couple months later.

Anyways... if some one knows of a more natural protein powder with out lactose in it, I would appreciate the link.

E
You might want to give whey ISOLATE a try, as it has much less lactose in it compared to the regular whey protein. It's slightly more expense then regular, BUT it has a higher protein content so you can use smaller servings off it, almost negating the additional cost of it. I too am lactose intolerant, and I find that I don't need to take lactaid pills when I drink whey isolate.

Your average whey protein is a blend of whey concentrate (higher lactose) and whey isolate. They add the whey concentrate to reduce the costs.

Some info,

Quote:
A whey protein isolate (often whey isolate) is a dietary supplement created by filtering milk protein. Whey is a by-product of the cheese-making process. Whey can be processed to yield whey protein in three forms: whey isolate, whey concentrate, or whey hydrolysate.

Whey proteins are highly bioavailable, are very quickly absorbed into the body, and have a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) [1] which are highly concentrated in muscle tissue, and are used to fuel working muscles and stimulate protein synthesis.[2]

The difference between the whey protein forms is the process used to filter the proteins. Whey isolates yield a higher percentage of pure protein and can be filtered enough to be virtually lactose free, carbohydrate free, fat free, and cholesterol free.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness