mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Shoulders/Tri's

Today was one of the awesome day where you make get great gains on all of your lifts.

Hit myself in the face with the bar while trying to get one more rep during shoulder press, lol.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

I curled in the squat rack today, it was everything I thought it would be.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
Someone has to do it.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
I love curling in the squat rack.

Benched 360 lbs for 7 reps and it felt great.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Went for my normal brisk walk at lunch and caught up (and passed) some guys from the office and joined them for some upper body workout stuff at the playground on the path. Various pull ups, push ups etc. Worked up a light sweat for 15 minutes and then finished my walk. Feels good to stretch out.

If I have time tonight between all my chores and little projects I will do some lifting as I moved up in weight earlier in the week. I'm up to 30 lb hammer curls and want to work on that and other dumb bell work to keep progressing.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

The majority at the Krav Maga club decided to split the KM-pass in half and get more PT into it, so we now do technique training and intense shock/stress KM-training during the first half, and then get into insane HIIT stuff. In the words of Roger Murtaugh, I'm too old for this ****.

Good stuff, but man...

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se

Last edited by PoisonMarket; 09-19-2013 at 04:55 PM.
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Fit in an intense 30 minute lifting session last night between chores (yes I'm 36 and still have chores... I live on a small farm).

Bar Bicep Curls

Then to the dumbbells: Lat/shoulder rows, Hammer curls, Tri-kicks, Lat raises (I only take them up about 15 degrees short of parallel and lower them only about 15 degrees from vert), front raises and standing shoulder press.

I don't do a lot, couple sets of each exercise and then done, but I move between evolutions quickly.

And as always, I'm always trying to not hurt my shoulder again.

E
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Oh... and my work outs are even more fun than previously described... I forgot to mention this part. We are having work done on the house. I'm converting what was a storage/work room into an apartment for my In-laws. during the work I have everything from storage in my tiny little garage/basement. But I've managed to keep about 12 sf (square feet) of floor space open for my weights and a place for me to stand.

Seriously. 12 square feet.... at most.

When I move my bench over to the new house/Farm I have no idea where the hell I will put it. It may have to sit outside with a tarp over it. I can do Rocky style weight lifting out in the snow mixed in with shuttle runs in snowshoes

E
Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Today sucked, failed 4 times trying to get the DBs up for shoulder pressing, despite being able to get 6 reps at that weight previously.

Going to give up on DBs for a while and try the HS machine or smith.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Today sucked, failed 4 times trying to get the DBs up for shoulder pressing, despite being able to get 6 reps at that weight previously.

Going to give up on DBs for a while and try the HS machine or smith.
Isn't it the spotter's job to get the DBs up? I never have DB shoulder pressed, but I remember when I tried DB incline my friend had to hand me the weights.

I hit 280 3x5 on my high bar squat yesterday. I'm about 10 pounds out from repping 2x body weight on squats and 35 pounds out from that glorious 315. I had dreams about that 315 squat last night. It's been my goal since I started squatting. It's ****in crazy how much my lifting thoughts and ideas have changed. I went from hating squats and not wanting to do them to becoming known in my gym as "that dude who always squats" and people always ask me for front squat advice. I owe it all to Rippetoe and SS. That program is legit.

Also hit a 170x2 power clean PR the other day, pretty proud of both.

And **** OHP, my OHP has been stuck at 120 +/-5 pounds for like two months now. I don't understand how I can OHP on one day, and nail 1x5, 1x5, 1x4 at 120. Then the next time when I aim for a 3x5 I get like 1x4, 1x3, 1x1. If my bench stalls, I usually get the same amount of reps on all three days, or finally kill it on the 3rd day. With the OHP, I may as well roll a couple dice to see how many reps I'm going to get. Also have reset down to 110 3x5, then when I got back up to 120 I didn't even get one rep. Speaking of OHP, I have never seen another person strict press at my gym. I've seen it DB and seated, but never standing. Then again that place is pretty commercial -- you can't use any chalk. I asked them how I'm supposed to snatch safely, and they told me to "not use a lot of weight." OK bro. Sort of defeats the purpose of the movement.

Last edited by StealingYerMail; 09-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness