mcarterbrown.com  

Fitness Health and Fitness Forums

Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

I work in packaging and see a lot of bad protein/nutritional supplements. The two best I found were...

Nu Aquos - Made by New Whey, it's a performance sports drink with 12 grams of protein that tastes the BEST on the marketplace.

Amazing Grass - IT's only 2 grams of protein, but the other additional vegetables and vitamins are packed full. Since I turned mid thirties, I've found that I need more than protein in the morning. This is part of my routine.

I do not work for either of these companies, any my opinion is based over others like Muscle Milk, FRS, and ISO Pure.
Christian p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

pb&j and chocolate milk. the secret formula of champions.

protein powders are a huge waste of money, and taste like powdered glue.

after years and years of working out, and hundreds of dollars in over-sized plastic tubs, ive found the the best results come from some coffee before and the '1st grade lunch' right after a workout, and bananas after any serious workout.

dont buy into the hype.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesauce View Post

after years and years of working out, and hundreds of dollars in over-sized plastic tubs, ive found the the best results come from some coffee before and the '1st grade lunch' right after a workout, and bananas after any serious workout.

dont buy into the hype.
I feel like this is great advice, but a bit brief. If you're not getting enough protein in you then you're not going to build the muscle mass you otherwise could. Powders let you easily get 1 gram of 'tein per pound of body weight for optimal growth. PBJ + Chocolate milk = one of the greatest recovery meals ever, and bananas and strawberries are super foods. I've been lifting for 9 years and the best pre workout isn't coffee- it's great and great for you- but it's not the best where results are concerned. A good stim-free pre workout is Hemavol, you can stack it with anything but it works great on it's own. The thing is, everyone is different, so I'm not saying Sauce is wrong, I'm just stating the guidelines- if you deviate from them and it works for you then by all means go for it.

Bottom line though, you need to get enough protein or your efforts aren't going to get you where they could. Where that protein comes from doesn't matter much, but the rule is that the more sources and kinds of protein you can cram in the better. Not all powders taste like cement, the budget 'tein is horrible, but ON is known for tasting great. You have to eat big to get big, and what you eat ends up making the biggest difference.
Spoondogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesauce View Post

dont buy into the hype.
It doesn't look like you've learned much in all your years of lifting.

Whey has it's place as a "supplement" to your diet. Where else can you find a quality protein source for a cheap as whey? Beef is way more expense, chicken can come close but requires much more time to prep, cook, store, transport. Whey is a cheap and extremely convienent addition to a persons regular food intake.

Yes there are tons of useless supplements out there, (like nearly every preworkout), but I don't view whey as one of them.

It isn't necessary but it's definitely beneficial if you want to make progress.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Fitness