mcarterbrown.com

G&H Customs Home of BretG and Spydrmn

Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to MrBig

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
KL33 is here

I am happy to unveil KL33 to the MCB community. I contacted BretG about converting one of my KPs and after lots of questions and patients on his end, I decided on what I was looking for. He even accommodated my hope for serial number 33. (I have MAD Rifle #3 and Ma-Deuce-A II #3. I was keeping to a theme.)

First thing, he suggested a performance tune and rva from Palmers. Unfortunately, I had just finished some business with Palmers and for the third transaction in a row, I was displeased. I asked if he cared who did the work prior to him getting the gun, and of course he didn’t.
I then contacted a couple air smiths here, and BigMatt and I seemed to be on the same page for what I was looking for.

I wanted a gun that I knew I would use. I have a MAD Rifle that I am VERY happy with, so a KP-2 style wasn’t quite what I was looking for. I wanted to be able to use this gun in open play at my local field and feel that I was a contributing member of my team. Therefore, I decided on a KP-3 with direct feed and constant air.

BigMatt and I agreed on:

Rear Velocity Adjuster
Vertical Air
Autococker style ball détente
Valve Tune
Quick strip slot

I found Matt’s price quote very reasonable and his timeline of one month acceptable.

The gun went out to Matt, and he had it shipped out to BretG within 2 weeks. I actually think it was closer to 1.5 weeks. Needless to say, I was quite excited. Matt didn’t have a working camera, so I wasn’t able to get pictures of the work. He has done work for me before, so I had high hopes that it was top quality.

BretG talked to me about any extras and all I wanted was a blade front site. He also got my work done quickly. I received this gun last Saturday, but due to family birthdays and obligations, I didn’t get to shoot it until today.
I added the Typhoon foregrip because I felt like I needed something to hold onto and had an extra sitting around. I would like to thank BretG for the bottom tube plug that he added. I was trying to figure out what to put there to hide the hole. The plug worked perfectly.

I didn’t shoot it over a chrono, but I will say that it is amazing! I cannot wait to take this to a field. The lever action is smooth and so much easier than pumping a KP. I was using some small paint from my local field and the détente worked flawlessly. It never double fed.

I will be able to say much more about the valve work and the consistency once I take it to a field, but as of right now, I am a very happy camper.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

sweet job guys! welcome to the KL family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Damage Inc War Chief

#003 is in my basement

So at least its in the same state!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")...
RepomanGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
AKA...The Gobbler!

CCM Fan
Very nice...enjoy!
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I knew this was coming...glad to finally see the finished product. I really like the vertical bottle. Cool deal. Great work as always. Welcome to the club.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I really like the foregrip on there.
Venge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Dude congrats!!! I used mine this past weekend and it was an absolute blast. This begs the question...where are KLs 26, 28, and 32?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Very nice! are you going remote line or a small bottle in the vert air?
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Airsmith to the dogs..

Send a message via AIM to BigMatt-MadCustoms Send a message via Yahoo to BigMatt-MadCustoms

Looks great...
Old 05-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to MrBig

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
This begs the question...where are KLs 26, 28, and 32?
I could be wrong, but I think Bret skipped 32 to accommodate my need for 33. I may be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Very nice! are you going remote line or a small bottle in the vert air?
3.5 ounce tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venge View Post
I really like the foregrip on there.
It was a total after thought. I was getting ready to shoot it for the first time and happen to have glanced at my Typhoon. Remembered I had a spare foregrip and thought why not try. I was very happy with the feeling. It stays.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » G&H Customs