mcarterbrown.com  

G&H Customs Home of BretG and Spydrmn

Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Tim McMurray looking at Jake's lever rifle...

I got this rifle from Jake last year, he offered it to me at living legends and then I bought it from him once I returned to California.

Jake built this off a Blue Streak as I think a KBA and then ended up adding the lever to it.

I showed it to Tim when I was doing some interviews with him and he really liked seeing it. Then he started talking about a pump he made that I had never even heard of, the pump-twist-dual...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RmBg8tjVBE
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm glad he liked it.
The irony of this that the KBA creation was a direct result of a phone conversation I had with Tim McMurray many years ago.
I wanted to buy some of the magical brass that he had used for re-barrelling Sheridans in the old days. I called him and we spoke quite a bit about Sheridans.
He didn't want to sell me any brass barrel stock and told me I was nuts to try making long barrel Sheridans. The efficiency of the long barrel was the issue.
Well, screw efficiency, valve work, porting, and an opened bolt can have a greater effect on efficiency than barrel length.
I set out to make a point about this. The result was the Death Gun. I took a badly battered K body that had huge holes drilled in the end of the barrel. I cut the barrel end off and butt soldered a spiral ported JJ brass barrel on the end and added an extended side tube. Adding the long stock, bolt action and sights made it the best paintball rifle ever.
This was the rifle that became the pattern model for the M2020 body KBAs and SSKBAs that Jake and I made. The one we built for Jake is very rare. He is a lefty and we made that one set up for a left handed bolt action. He also wanted a lever action, so I put it into a left handed KL stock. She's a beauty.
BretG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Hey Dan, where does Tim live now?
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » G&H Customs