mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #71 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
I was a Sales Manager for a car dealership for a year. Nothing wrong with buying a New vehicle, you'll do a little bit better on the interest rates. Anyhow, here are a couple tips:

There is very little room on a new vehicle. If you walk in expecting to get 3-5thousand dollars off a new vehicle, you're going to be extremely disappointed. At best, see if you can negoiate the dealer to pay your taxes and to waive docs fees. (Doc fees are a joke. Most dealerships charge $350-$599 for "doc fees". I can fill these out in about 10 minutes. It's simply DMV paperwork.
I respectfully call bull****.

I have bought lots of new cars. I got a BRZ for the wife in June for ~$4000 less than MSRP. In fact, the deal was so good that her brother had me call back and swing the same deal for him on a different color.

Not only are these cars going for $500 over MSRP (at best) in our area, most are selling at $3000 over MSRP. It's because people are too emotional and desperate. Just like any big purchase -- be educated, be ruthless, and be prepared to walk away if necessary. They need the sale MUCH MORE than you need the object.

The hidden fees are margin pumpers for the dealers. Strike those down. Also kill the Finance Manager's sale pitches immediately. They are trying to make up margin on the sale that they lost on the floor.

The BRZ is a hard car to beat for the money. They are going to be fun on the track.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #72 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
That's going to be tough. Who does that? Everyone just slaps them on. Or if they do dyno, its going to be with other modifications. Which doesn't tell you if it's better than stock by itself or with your modifications(if different).
MCM did this test. They aren't exactly the most scientific of methods but I can't really see flaw in it. Check it out below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI
Old 06-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Nice choice man! Someday I hope to buy one... though call me a sucker for wanting the big fancy stereo thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage