mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Thanks man, the 81-87 GM trucks are my favorite vehicles ever built, I have owned a few and driven more than I can count. I have an 85 C20 4x4 hopefully being delivered next week for a beater/work truck. I am looking forward to embarrassing some tuner cars that think they are hot spit locally. I am sick of these little cars with hub caps and fart cans thinking they are so great, my old truck is gonna eat em up.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
All hail RatFink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
Is that a Merkur?
Yup. I have three of them.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Nice truck. I had a black '87 k5 blazer with silverado trim back in high school. Square body gm trucks are great. Not so great was my s 10 oil change today. Filter was stuck on bad. Had gas in the oil from when the engine computer was flooding the truck thinking it was running cold all the time. New temp sensor fixed that.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
Yup. I have three of them.
So jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
All hail RatFink!

Quote:
So jealous!
Why? You guys got the good Cosworth Sierras up there. I would much rather have one of those.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
Why? You guys got the good Cosworth Sierras up there. I would much rather have one of those.
I didn't think they made it here? I've never seen one. Seen a few Merkur Scorpios though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Gun Designer

Quote:
I didn't think they made it here? I've never seen one. Seen a few Merkur Scorpios though...
I had a 95 XJ first thing you should do is switch all of your relays to Hella relay's there not going to be as hincky as the English one as for the piddles. Your best bet is to pull that monstrosity out of the engine bay and have someone tear that bitch apart. or put a GM 350 as it will bolt up near perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
MIballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

S10 passed safety today. Almost road time. Fixed the triumphs clutch on the weekend. Friction plates and discs came out as one piece all stuck together. Separated and cleaned. Now it will disengage.

S10 on the road but stalls at every stop sign when it gets hot. IAC probably shot. Lots of fun when you are blasting down a back road though. Not so good in town. F'ing projects, never quite done with them.

Last edited by Reality Compromised; 07-06-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: I can drink or type. Not do both at once.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

More Pictures since the paintjob. Had fun getting home today. Went to throw the shifter into 5th and it sheared off at the top of the tranny. Limped it home in 2nd. Apparently it's a common weakness in the crooked T5's. Still working on hot idle issue.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Nice little v8 s10. Is that 5 speed out of a camaro or firebird? They did have kind of flimsy and clumsy shifters. I had an s15 I was gonna put a v8 in and those same Iroc/z28 wheels on but the stock v6 went out on me and I needed another vehicle quick and didn't need another project then.....or now really haha. It had a 2.8 v6 that managed to hit 250,000 miles, I haven't seen another 2.8 live that long, I was pretty impressed with that little truck, it was a great beater.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage