mcarterbrown.com  

The Garage Talk about your Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and other Garage Related Projects.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Riding season is upon us...show off your Motocycles

Who has joined the riding world?
What ya riding?

2008 Xl883C EFI

21 inch front tire on a laced wheel, front fender delete.
Denis Babin painted tins.
Stock headlight delete,Stock speedo delete replaced with a springer headlamp and a Dakota Digital mini speedo w/ tach.
Shaved brake lever, swapped out clutch lever, I think it's off a panhead.
Signals, thumb controls deleted, Biltwell Kung-fu grips, relocated the ignition switch.
Biltwell Slim line risers,
It had a Vance & Hines fuel pak but it was running like crap so got rid of that and had the bike tuned.
Paughco Drag pipes for exhaust, got rid of the mid controls for forward controls.
Had a Biltwell tuck and roll seat on it when I got it, swapped it out for a Roland Sands seat.
The sprocket cover has been shaved and the rear brake light has been swapped out for a NoSchool choppers stop light/ tag bracket.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Serviced my bike installed the new akrapovic exhaust and went for my first ride since having my left leg destroyed by a carless driver in sep 2012.

God it felt good to be riding again. Bikes a 2010 Honda CBF600SA. Love this bike it's hands down the best all rounder I have ever ridden. Fast enuff to be fun stable well sorted suspension great ergo's and good factory luggage for long hauls (took it cross country in 2011).

Only got old pics at moment of the bike but looks same just a different exhaust can and a slightly taller Windsheild now.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

2011 Harley 883 superlow
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Here's mine.

CtotheQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Awesome looking machines, guys! Don't have a bike yet, still saving up. Actually going to check out an older vt1100 honda this weekend.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

I am really working to get a Verseys in the future. I don't know why I just love the style of them.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

The rate good ole Minnesota is going I might not be able to have my bike consistently out until August. Damn freezing rain, snow, and temp swings are getting very old.

Until then no pictures since it's still tucked away in the corner...
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Who has joined the riding world?
What ya riding?

2008 Xl883C EFI

21 inch front tire on a laced wheel, front fender delete.
Denis Babin painted tins.
Stock headlight delete,Stock speedo delete replaced with a springer headlamp and a Dakota Digital mini speedo w/ tach.
Shaved brake lever, swapped out clutch lever, I think it's off a panhead.
Signals, thumb controls deleted, Biltwell Kung-fu grips, relocated the ignition switch.
Biltwell Slim line risers,
It had a Vance & Hines fuel pak but it was running like crap so got rid of that and had the bike tuned.
Paughco Drag pipes for exhaust, got rid of the mid controls for forward controls.
Had a Biltwell tuck and roll seat on it when I got it, swapped it out for a Roland Sands seat.
The sprocket cover has been shaved and the rear brake light has been swapped out for a NoSchool choppers stop light/ tag bracket.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...dawg/bike1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...dawg/bike2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...dawg/bike3.jpg

Love the paint.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
My '80 CB900. Runs great, I wouldn't hesitate to take it to Florida tomorrow. I love it to bits.Name:  CAM01280.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  265.1 KB

Name:  CAM01281.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  255.2 KB

In the background is my '83 KZ440. Pics are, of course, crappy cell phone sourced.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan

Cool looking bikes so far, mine isn't going anywhere fast like this but I am working on it. Should start progressing better now that it is not 0 degrees out. Its a 79 XS650, I am working on shaving the original fork lowers, these are spare forks I got from a parts pile I bought to keep it as a roller. I have a 21" 64 spoke front Heritage wheel and 18" rear 48 spoke rear drum brake Heritage wheel I am working on getting anodized now so I can lace them up and get some tires so I can get my stance right. Gonna try my hands at dishing a tank out too, I have one with a dent I am gonna cut up and experiment on. These are after most all the frame shaving is done I just need to patch up a couple boo boos and decide on some tabs to keep near the carbs. I am gonna try to build my own exhaust too, its just a fun project to use my tools on, it will likely be a slow process as I get spare cash to do it. Gonna try to build a bike with a mix of styles, mostly chopper/street teacker blended together, a little scrambler thrown in maybe.

crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » The Garage