mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #1031 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Season 3 has great potential.

Couple of thoughts:

The yard scene- Agreed they should have brain poked them through the fence. Waste of bullets!

Next, walking down a dark hallway that is potential full of walkers, that will back you into a corner at some point, not a chance! How do you spell way? W-A-Y what about the F? That's right there is no F-in-way?

The walker that bit Hershel . . so now they have to worry about walkers that fake being dead? Or that sit and wait for their victims to walk past them? Unless the walkers can evolve I don't buy it. It bugs me.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #1032 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

We've seen that in the past, the walkers err not walking, but at a neutral/hibernating state until something happens. In the city for example, a walker was sitting in the car until someone passed by, and the walker went after them.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #1033 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesn8s View Post
I assumed they knew the prison was there, but weren't desperate enough to try and take it.
I would think with Rick being in the Sheriffs department, he would know where all the prisons were?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #1034 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
We've seen that in the past, the walkers err not walking, but at a neutral/hibernating state until something happens. In the city for example, a walker was sitting in the car until someone passed by, and the walker went after them.
You're right I had forgotten about that. For some reason I just thought they made enough noise to "wake up" all the "hibernating" walkers while they were running around in the dark banging on walls, tripping over stuff, and calling out for their comrades. I guess I just don't like that Hershel got bit. That's what it really boils down to.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #1035 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

I don't think he'll get killed off yet. No sense in burning down his farm, him watching his family get killed, he gets dragged around for 6ish months, just starts to grow a beard, then in the 1st episode is killed off? Nah, maybe they figured out over this time that by cutting off the bitten limb that the chances of turning diminish?

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #1036 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
I would think with Rick being in the Sheriffs department, he would know where all the prisons were?
I'm pretty sure by now they're well outside of whatever county he was Sheriff of. Remember that Rick was on horseback for several days to get to Atlanta and they've caravan-ed for who knows how long since leaving the city.

I liked the episode but agree with the stupidity of wasting bullets in the yard (when they clearly had a crapload more zeds to take care of in the inner fence and facility), and walking past motionless zombies with no apparent headwounds. I was practically screaming at my TV to spike the suckers in the head before moving past them. Then I just spent more time wishing it was Carol who got bit lol.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1037 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought that the homebrew supressors were cool. The group is finally learning something. .22 caliber would be all you need (except on the "armored" zombies-) if all you have to do is get a brain shot. I like how they found an M4 with optics and an AK-47, but need to "home brew" supressors. Wandering around in Georgia of all places for the "winter" I think you'd come up with something decent to shoot. A Ruger 10-22 with a 100 round drum and some CCI Stingers and a scope perhaps? That's what I'd grab. Easy to supress, effective on zombies, has the range and accuracy to clear the yard and it's cheap to shoot.

I wish someone who knows ANYTHING about crossbows would tell Norman Reedus that the bolts are'nt supposed to be 32"long, 14" do nicely.

Predictions: Andrea and Michonne-Hook up and have some girl/girl action.
Carl, who does't think twice about eating ALPO wants to eat the baby instead of naming her Sofia.
Laurie lives on and on to whine, bitch and generally mess up the show like Dr. Smith on the old Lost in Space. Please kill her off.
Daryl/Carol finally hook up and open up a meth lab with Merle and his band of White Supremacists.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #1038 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Oddly, this first episode was almost identical to the comics... If this holds true through the season.... holy **** its going to be a damn good season!

Paintball Sally's
25614 75th St
Salem, Wisconsin 53168
262-843-2747

Paintball Sally's Myspace Page! ADD US!

Paintball Sally's Face Book Fan Page!
Trevorjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #1039 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yes this season will def be awsome!....I also like the way they depicted michonne... i think they got her character perfect from the graphic novels

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293

Last edited by Warrzone; 10-16-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #1040 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
The tank as well.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat