mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #1041 (permalink)
chuff chuff

How does everyone have the virus, but only turn when they get bit or scratched?
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #1042 (permalink)
aka SoulCoffin

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
How does everyone have the virus, but only turn when they get bit or scratched?
not sure if i should do a spoiler warning, but i guess if you haven't watched season 2 this will be a spoiler...

as seen earlier in the show, you turn no matter how you die. shane got stabbed by rick. moments later, he's back up as a zombie. but apparantly, zombie bites and scratches (or in dale's case, having your guts ripped out) cause infections that can be 100% fatal if given the chance to spread throughout the system.

TooningSpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #1043 (permalink)
Post Whore

After the last few episodes of the second season I'm not sure I can really care about the show anymore. Frankly the characters just got stupid for no good reason. "Zombies are everywhere, and we're in constant danger anywhere we go... Lets just chill out here on a farm, that is out in the open, and make zero effort to build useful defences or make escape plans for anything." Right... They knew about herds, they knew there were walkers in the woods, and yet no one could think maybe something bad might happen? I know I would have been putting effort into building a double high fence around the inner most part of the farm, double the posts, and put an angled brace on each one.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #1044 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Reality does not make for good TV. Hence why "reality" TV is full of faked scenarios. The TV guide synopsis would be something like "Rick and Shayne build a fence. Carl somehow ends up outside the fence. Lori gets worried."

I would just be happy it's as good as it is. Though I have found it to be boring on a second watch through, once you already know whats coming. Something like Stargate Atlantis or Firefly I can watch multiple times, but not this.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #1045 (permalink)
aka SoulCoffin

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
After the last few episodes of the second season I'm not sure I can really care about the show anymore. Frankly the characters just got stupid for no good reason. "Zombies are everywhere, and we're in constant danger anywhere we go... Lets just chill out here on a farm, that is out in the open, and make zero effort to build useful defences or make escape plans for anything." Right... They knew about herds, they knew there were walkers in the woods, and yet no one could think maybe something bad might happen? I know I would have been putting effort into building a double high fence around the inner most part of the farm, double the posts, and put an angled brace on each one.

yea, i hear ya. while not as "action packed" or "exciting", it just made a whole lot more sense with how they went about the farm situation in the comic...
TooningSpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #1046 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Reality does not make for good TV. Hence why "reality" TV is full of faked scenarios. The TV guide synopsis would be something like "Rick and Shayne build a fence. Carl somehow ends up outside the fence. Lori gets worried."

I would just be happy it's as good as it is. Though I have found it to be boring on a second watch through, once you already know whats coming. Something like Stargate Atlantis or Firefly I can watch multiple times, but not this.
There are lots of ways it could have been handled without everyone going "hurp'a'derp, lets sit with our thumbs up somewhere warm for weeks on end and do jack all. Its getting cold out there after all, got to watch out for frost bite."

They skip over tonnes of stuff in the series where all the boring things 'just happen'. We didn't have a real time depiction of the ladies cooking one of those big dinners, did we? If "Building a fence" is boring, then skip ahead to the interesting bits of the task.

Someone cutting wood gets themselves pinned by a falling tree, and surprise! His chopping of wood has attracted a few walkers.

Horde attack? That's not big deal, we have a fence that is more than enough to deal with them so we're safe. That small herd walking out of the woods won't do much, we'll just have to pick them off from our side of the fence.... oh [favourite choice words] why aren't they stopping? Where are they all coming from? They're starting to climb, and both gates are already blocked! Where is so-and-so? What do you mean they didn't come back from hunting yet?

Lots of ways it could have been dealt with while not requiring people to be totally stupid about things.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #1047 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Smart does not make for entertaining. I like the one scene in Cabin of the Woods where the one guy goes "alright, we have to stick together" two seconds later the controllers, concerned about the sudden insight of communal defense, release a gas and he goes "alright ,everyone split up"
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #1048 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
New episode tonight.... Who's watching?
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #1049 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Where can I stream from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #1050 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

great episode I think!

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat