mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #1151 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

The Walking Dead is one of the few shows that I see great spin-off potential for. Maybe one of the military bases on the west coast (or Europe) held and things are entirely different there.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #1152 (permalink)
MCB Member

^^Tru Dat

As to Revolution - Lucy Lawless and Sorbo....that would be a great show.

And the firearms...not so much that people don't have them...but they don't have the bullets...ammunition got used up and firearms became useless. With no ability to really mine there is no more powder to refill...after 15 years I would bet even our supply of ammunition here in the states would be depleted. Plus parts wear out and unless you can machine new ones...which is harder to do without power...then your gun is broke.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #1153 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
^^Tru Dat

As to Revolution - Lucy Lawless and Sorbo....that would be a great show.

And the firearms...not so much that people don't have them...but they don't have the bullets...ammunition got used up and firearms became useless. With no ability to really mine there is no more powder to refill...after 15 years I would bet even our supply of ammunition here in the states would be depleted. Plus parts wear out and unless you can machine new ones...which is harder to do without power...then your gun is broke.
Smokeless powder came about around 1900. Gun powder existed for many centuries before that prior to commercial mining. While I understand what you are saying I am surprised at the inability of militias that control large expanses of land to get back to technology that even Columbus had. I should see all the technology that one would see in a typical western.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #1154 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDomipolo View Post
Was i the only one disappointed with the last episode???Ive been waiting to see whats going on in the prison, and this whole episode went a completely different direction i wonder if there going to continue this most of the season.
I was disappointed in this episode, too.
Michonne is keeping to herself all dark and brooding and the rest of the town is pretending everything is hunky dory.

Hrmm. The Governor kills the army guys but lets the women live. Maybe he has plans for them.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #1155 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretweaponevan View Post
I was disappointed in this episode, too.
Michonne is keeping to herself all dark and brooding and the rest of the town is pretending everything is hunky dory.

Hrmm. The Governor kills the army guys but lets the women live. Maybe he has plans for them.
Can't populate a town with only men. Remember when they were talking about a woman having a baby there in the town?

And Michonne just annoys me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #1156 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

Michonne is about to go ballistic. The black dude that keeps watching her creeps me out. Something is 'bout to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
After I found out I had a screw loose, he gave me a good short screw. Filled my hole completely.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #1157 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Can't populate a town with only men. Remember when they were talking about a woman having a baby there in the town?

And Michonne just annoys me.
I had heard that The Governor was "evil". Watching the episode I was becoming more and more accepting of his actions. Yes killing the soldiers seemed extreme but one could understand that there was logical (if not ethical) motivation behind it

Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #1158 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I had heard that The Governor was "evil". Watching the episode I was becoming more and more accepting of his actions. Yes killing the soldiers seemed extreme but one could understand that there was logical (if not ethical) motivation behind it

SEEMED EXTREME! are you kidding me? Logical? nope! Ethical not even close! I guess your reasoning is there would then be more men than women in town. Unfortunately this show/comic has that aspect wrong. Throughout history men have been the ones fighting and defending their families. Which means they die and the women have to press onward without their husbands, brothers, or fathers. Making in any case more women and less men. Killing anyone after they put their arms down and wish to talk peacefully is ridiculous. Not to mention our own service men! I understand the Governor is crazy. I excuse that aspect, but to agree with his choice is not ok.

Last edited by Brewtt; 11-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.
SilentNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #1159 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNuke View Post
SEEMED EXTREME! are you kidding me? Logical? nope! Ethical not even close! I guess your reasoning is there would then be more men then women in town. Unfortunately this show/comic has that aspect wrong. Throughout history men have been the ones fighting and defending their families. Which means they die and the women have to press onward without their husbands, brothers, or fathers. Making in any case more women and less men. Killing anyone after they put their arms down and wish to talk peacefully is ridiculous. Not to mention our own service men! I understand the Governor is crazy. I excuse that aspect, but to agree with his choice is not ok.
They had resources the town could use, there is no way to judge any individuals true intentions, that would be a lot more mouths to feed. It may not be pretty, but there was logic to what he did. Even though we still don't know his intentions either.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1160 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretweaponevan View Post
That guy is nuts. I predict raping in the future.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat