mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #1571 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
With the walkers in the restaurant, why didn't they just open the doors and have a head bashing contest, 10 max?
because not even michonne is crazy enough to trust carl enough to get herself distracted off him, after all the crap he just pulled.

which reminds me, where are the silencers from episode 1 and why aren't carl and rick using theirs?

oh, and daryl has a new crossbow.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #1572 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

You notice Michonne noticed when Carl started to wander off. Lori would have had her normal line "where's Carl?"
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #1573 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
because not even michonne is crazy enough to trust carl enough to get herself distracted off him, after all the crap he just pulled.

which reminds me, where are the silencers from episode 1 and why aren't carl and rick using theirs?

oh, and daryl has a new crossbow.
They probably haven't been cleaned. Ever. And you get a POI shift when using a suppressor. Also, neither of the guns used as hosts were ever designed as hosts so the sights would haven been obstructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #1574 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
They probably haven't been cleaned. Ever. And you get a POI shift when using a suppressor. Also, neither of the guns used as hosts were ever designed as hosts so the sights would haven been obstructed.
i know nothing about those, but they were using them just fine in episode 1, and there were no indications the silencers were new and clean back then either. not saying i miss them though, they looked ridiculous.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #1575 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i know nothing about those, but they were using them just fine in episode 1, and there were no indications the silencers were new and clean back then either. not saying i miss them though, they looked ridiculous.
A suppressor doesn't clean the same as a gun so while they may have still be viable at the beginning of the season, they could have quickly become to dirty to be effective. Plus, they looked "improvised" so sound reduction was probably limited to begin with. It's possible they got to the point of being ineffective.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1576 (permalink)
Oldbie

There is no way this show has considered the technical aspects of suppressors.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #1577 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
A suppressor doesn't clean the same as a gun so while they may have still be viable at the beginning of the season, they could have quickly become to dirty to be effective. Plus, they looked "improvised" so sound reduction was probably limited to begin with. It's possible they got to the point of being ineffective.
Exactly. Without a shop to service and make more, silencers will have a short lifespan.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #1578 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
There is no way this show has considered the technical aspects of suppressors.
I agree with this 100%. Especially since in the last episode Rick said he gave the shop owners their "license" when they brought guns into their businesses. That's not required at all in Georgia. IN FACT, in this state, you don't have to have a Georgia Weapons License to keep a gun in your car or business. They're considered an extension of your residence.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #1579 (permalink)
Banned

how involving is cleaning it? is it just dusting off the insides or does it require some kind of expertise? i can't imagine hershel not having enough time sitting around to do it if it is the former.

Quote:
I agree with this 100%. Especially since in the last episode Rick said he gave the shop owners their "license" when they brought guns into their businesses. That's not required at all in Georgia. IN FACT, in this state, you don't have to have a Georgia Weapons License to keep a gun in your car or business. They're considered an extension of your residence.
wow. i know shows usually don't research that much about their technicalities, but that's a really big **** up. i was about to say it's excusable since the rick's actor is british, then i remembered the actors don't write the lines.

these silly things is what turned me off the movie "wanted." you can't bend bullet trajectories by flinging your gun. that's simple grade school physics.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #1580 (permalink)
MCB Member

How did that Hyundai get stuck in the mud in the beggining?

I thought that model has AWD..........................

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat