mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #1631 (permalink)
MCB Member

^Ditto

And realize folks that even the comics have some filler background information. So of course every now and then there will be an episode of build up. I rather thought that the injection of zombie bashing was almost like a terrible sponsor plug or something....I expected them to pull out the cigs and show the brand and saying "now thats a good smoke" or something. Could have done just as well with an arm wrestling match
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #1632 (permalink)
Banned

after thinking about it.

the previews and everything were selling the talk between rick and the governor. this episode seemed to want to build tension through the negotiation scenes, but failed. maybe i got spoiled by inglourious basterds, but whenever i see 2 people at a table i just expect the tension to go through the roof, and this episode didn't deliver. as soon as andrea was kicked out of the barn they bust out the whiskey.

it didn't help that they cut to other characters, but given how boring the negotiation turned out to be, it was a good thing to not have to watch it for the full hour.

i didn't read the comic, but i assume from you guys talking, that rick loses an arm in it. i don't think rick's going to lose a limb on the show. merle already did. if the do the same thing to rick, it would just look rehashed to those of us who didn't read the comic.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #1633 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

I was hoping the Govnuh would pull that pistol out from the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Comparing a SP product to a CCM is like comparing dog crap to Lemon Meriegn Pie.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #1634 (permalink)
Banned

what's up with that pistol? he switched positions around the table during the talk, then stood up took his belt and left the house. did he leave the pistol taped to the table? if he did and left first, wouldn't rick find it? he couldn't be just SLIGHTLY smarter and tape it UNDER the table?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #1635 (permalink)
MCB Member

yeah I thought the same thing....I was wondering if he was going to come back and get it later or something....and it was risky to leave it sitting there to be seen by Rick as they left....or even by Rick before the big G showed up.
Which of course would have been great too....Rick sees gun...removes bullets...Gov'ner senses negotiations going downhill and draws it.....only to of course not have it go off....it is very cliche but it works.

What I saw of the negotiations was the return of Rick the Sheriff.

But something that I did not get...Andrea was already suspicious of the Governor...why then did she tell him that Rick had killed his wife as well as Shane? Because the Governor knew that Rick had to kill Shane...that whole person you trust bit..
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #1636 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I was curious how he thought he was going to get that pistol off the table and turned in position before Rick reacted.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #1637 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I was curious how he thought he was going to get that pistol off the table and turned in position before Rick reacted.
it could have been a pistol inserted into a taped holster.

but i doubt it. the whole scene made no sense, so why would this?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #1638 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Id like them to unleash the real Governer...not this wussy washed down version

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #1639 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've thought about it a little bit. they are suppose to meet back the farm in 2 days. I imagine there's a double-cross (gasp) and Rick (or whoever) is going to find the gun left there.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #1640 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesn8s View Post
I've thought about it a little bit. they are suppose to meet back the farm in 2 days. I imagine there's a double-cross (gasp) and Rick (or whoever) is going to find the gun left there.
interesting.... does anyone know what pistol andrea uses? what pistol is taped to the table?

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat