mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #1681 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
I didn't see the hitchhiker as shady. I saw him as desperate to live.

Probably somewhat true.

See above. Without knowing full towns history, how do you trust anyone?

No just the ones carrying guns that are trained to kill and pose a threat to your authority in a zombie apocolypse

Rick viewed Morgan as a friend that helped him. Probably also saw him as a potential asset. Had Morgan been anyone else Rick would have done him himself.

By our standards, yes. But these aren't our standards. And I think that's the point. They are no more than animals in some aspects. How did Andrea survive alone? I thought she met up with Michone who essentially kept her save more or less?
you know, if your justification for killing people is "you don't know what i've been through," that's some shaky grounds you walk. besides that, the national guards were as armed and maybe even less armed than morgan. on top of that, being armed doesn't mean they are hostile. everybody is armed in the zombie apocalypse. being trained to kill doesn't necessarily mean they intend to kill either. they would have done so when the white flag first waved if their intent was there.

you noted rick still spared morgan. that's part of what i meant with having allies, in the perspective of morgan. had morgan not first helped rick, morgan would be dead now. also note that morgan had a chance to join rick's crew, but simply declined. the fact remains he would not have had that chance if he didn't help rick way back then.

and living and dying doesn't necessarily show who did the right thing, so you can say the governor is alive while the national guards are dead, but shane died too and his philosophy matches yours, so did that long haired guy from prison. rick killed them both, but not only after they showed a willingness to harm his group. the governor never gave that benefit of the doubt.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #1682 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
Yeah, those were kinda for effect and setting a certain scene type thing. I meant the 100 random ones either walking around or getting killed in every episode. there would be kids too. I understand they cant bash in heads of 10 year olds every show. just saying...for realism, they would be around in general.
Yeah, when they went into the daycare the one time I fully expected for there to be a scene with Glen running around clubbing crawlers like baby seals. I actually said out loud " I know theyre not going there"...

Last edited by OPBN; 03-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #1683 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you know, if your justification for killing people is "you don't know what i've been through," that's some shaky grounds you walk. besides that, the national guards were as armed and maybe even less armed than morgan. on top of that, being armed doesn't mean they are hostile. everybody is armed in the zombie apocalypse. being trained to kill doesn't necessarily mean they intend to kill either. they would have done so when the white flag first waved if their intent was there.

you noted rick still spared morgan. that's part of what i meant with having allies, in the perspective of morgan. had morgan not first helped rick, morgan would be dead now. also note that morgan had a chance to join rick's crew, but simply declined. the fact remains he would not have had that chance if he didn't help rick way back then.

and living and dying doesn't necessarily show who did the right thing, so you can say the governor is alive while the national guards are dead, but shane died too and his philosophy matches yours, so did that long haired guy from prison. rick killed them both, but not only after they showed a willingness to harm his group. the governor never gave that benefit of the doubt.
I didn't say it was my philosophy, I'm saying it is what it is. You can't truly judge any actions by our standards. It's not realistic. And I think that's part of the point. I'm just saying that just because the governor killed a potential threat that he is inherently evil. Yes, he is batts..t crazy and truly a bad guy, but that doesn't necessarily make the town a bad group of people does it? Again, history is full of examples of people preemptively wiping out what they see as a threat. It happens.

It does when the measurement of success is being alive.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #1684 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
I didn't say it was my philosophy, I'm saying it is what it is. You can't truly judge any actions by our standards. It's not realistic. And I think that's part of the point. I'm just saying that just because the governor killed a potential threat that he is inherently evil. Yes, he is batts..t crazy and truly a bad guy, but that doesn't necessarily make the town a bad group of people does it? Again, history is full of examples of people preemptively wiping out what they see as a threat. It happens.

It does when the measurement of success is being alive.
i realized it was worded badly. let me rephrase that. shane, that prison guy, and the governor all share that same method to staying alive which you described: to kill any potential threat. it has only succeeded for 1 of them and the season's not over.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #1685 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i realized it was worded badly. let me rephrase that. shane, that prison guy, and the governor all share that same method to staying alive which you described: to kill any potential threat. it has only succeeded for 1 of them and the season's not over.
Right, and he may be dead by the end of this season because he is a threat to Rick who has killed others that pose a threat him. Like Shane and the guys in the bar.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #1686 (permalink)
I do things & like stuff
 
bigbthebenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Is it wrong that I've started enjoying your guys' conversation more than I've been enjoying the show itself?
__________________
FEEDBACK!

bigbthebenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #1687 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
Is it wrong that I've started enjoying your guys' conversation more than I've been enjoying the show itself?
I'll take it as a compliment.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #1688 (permalink)
Addict.
 
MEDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maine

CCM Fan
not at all, because this conversation has more thought put into it than the show itself I too have enjoyed these posts
__________________
Rubber Duckies Paintball
518th Brigade

Feedback Please!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1689 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Michigan

Is being alive THE measurement of success?

If being alive means shredding any concept of morality and success is only being alive I will have to end my participation in the contest. Maybe Dale was right way back when about "at what costs"
__________________
"Sometimes the point of doing something is not to find the "best" way of doing it, but to discover the most fun" - Gever Tulley

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #1690 (permalink)
Just chilling
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisville, KY

CCM Fan
As for lack of child walkers....... Aren't they just snack sized? If one walker ate Lori's body what's a group going to do to a 80 lbs child? Will all of them be eaten? No but I'd say lots would be eaten whole before they turn

Just my random thought now back to your moral debate lol
__________________
USMC
Currently have: Insight NG
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC