mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #161 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lather View Post
Whats with the laundry obsession at the camp? Admittedly I'm no expert on the undead but how does constantly washing clothes help against a zombie outbreak?
Keeps their smell down so they're harder for the horde to track?
__________________

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #162 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Lrrpie-CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CT

Duh, just because they haven't shown the zombie laundromats doesn't mean they don't exist. How else is a zombie going to maintain a stylish undead wardrobe?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
There is a fine line between MCB and the crazy hobos.
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #163 (permalink)
.
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
Duh, just because they haven't shown the zombie laundromats doesn't mean they don't exist. How else is a zombie going to maintain a stylish undead wardrobe?
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #164 (permalink)
Future Robocop
 
bigbthebenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles

lol
__________________
FEEDBACK!
bigbthebenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #165 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Saugus MA

What's with the hunting deer with a crossbow with target points?
It's got three bolts in it, and the dude is pissed that he's hunted it for twelve hours and a zombie gets it. Maybe if he shot it with a broadhead, and then actually placed the bolts into the vitals rather than around them he'd had better success.
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #166 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
What's with the hunting deer with a crossbow with target points?
It's got three bolts in it, and the dude is pissed that he's hunted it for twelve hours and a zombie gets it. Maybe if he shot it with a broadhead, and then actually placed the bolts into the vitals rather than around them he'd had better success.
Yeahh, didn't he pull two of the bolts out of the rear flank? Some hunter.
__________________

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #167 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

all lack of research by the writing team can be chalked off to lack of proper tools and skilled individuals for said job.

cheap shot, but you've never known hollywood to be creative anyway.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #168 (permalink)
.
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
all lack of research by the writing team can be chalked off to lack of proper tools and skilled individuals for said job.

cheap shot, but you've never known hollywood to be creative anyway.
It really is a critical problem with this show, because a hallmark of the zombie survival genre, and post-apocalyptic fiction in general is the sudden realization of how important practical skills and knowledge are.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #169 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

i think they are portrayed to be plenty incompetent enough.

take episode 3.

merle dixon freaks out when he sees the zombies and tries to kick his way free. you can see that the large duct actually flailed and flopped open to reveal it is just either cheap fabric or really floppy metal...

most people would like to think it's a prop.

i prefer to think he is so incompetent he can't even kick open tin foil. the show's more fun that way...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #170 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics
 
Marauder_Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
all lack of research by the writing team can be chalked off to lack of proper tools and skilled individuals for said job.

cheap shot, but you've never known hollywood to be creative anyway.
Or he escaped from the zombies without any broadhead bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i think they are portrayed to be plenty incompetent enough.

take episode 3.

merle dixon freaks out when he sees the zombies and tries to kick his way free. you can see that the large duct actually flailed and flopped open to reveal it is just either cheap fabric or really floppy metal...

most people would like to think it's a prop.

i prefer to think he is so incompetent he can't even kick open tin foil. the show's more fun that way...
He's not cuffed to the duct, he was cuffed to the rebar supports sunk into the roof.

Dude, you must be the least observant person in the history of mankind.
__________________


Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC