mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #1801 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
noooooo rip meryl

show's gonna suck without rooker.

DON'T YOU SEE NOW WRITERS?! DON'T YOU SEE HOW COOL YOU SHOW CAN BE WHEN IT ISN'T ABOUT STEREOTYPICAL ANDREA?!?!!

what a way to go, it's like a big **** you to the governor. meryl knew where it's at. i can't believe rick actually thinks the governor is someone who keeps his word after learning about him from andrea, michonne, glenn and maggie.
It seemed like rick needed hershel and the others to initially talk him into it. Its too bad he wasent able to get to merl to tell him in time.

Kinda funny how far out merl and michonne went and somehow deryl cought up to them on foot

At first i was confused as to what he was doing then when i saw him slowley driving away then i got it. Turn some of thier own medicine against them.

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293

Last edited by Warrzone; 03-25-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #1802 (permalink)
Post Whore

Great episode. Merle's ambush was great (I originally thought he was going to crash Woodbury's gate). Daryl's reaction shows some more character development. I think we'll see a more human side to Daryl in the future. I still think Andrea will be the one to kill the Governor.

It will be interesting to see how Michonne handles Rick.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #1803 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrzone View Post
Kinda funny how far out merl and michonne went and somehow deryl cought up to them on foot
I was thinking the same thing... but i suppose the car and the meeting location didnt have to be in the same direction.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #1804 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Merle's ambush was awesome. I would have liked to see him take out one or two of the Woodbury guys in hand to hand combat when they jumped him and / or put up a better fight against the Governor but thats just being picky. This was a MUCH better episode than previous ones this season and gives me hope for the season finale. Ohh.. and Game of Thrones season premiere

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #1805 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Merle's character last night was all around fantastic. He was a class act last night too in the end. Made me end up liking him a lot. Not to mention he took out 5 woodbury henchmen I beleive. If everyone is Rick's crew can pull a 5 on 1, they will come out on top!
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #1806 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Merle's ambush was awesome. I would have liked to see him take out one or two of the Woodbury guys in hand to hand combat when they jumped him and / or put up a better fight against the Governor but thats just being picky.
he's drunk, that's probably his only "mistake."

dude's a goddamn one man army, if only he was sober, that's the only reason i see governor being able to overpower his own former hired muscle, besides bad writing of course, even for such an epic episode the writers still can't figure a way to make the story go the way they want without warping the character continuity.

anyone catch his trollface when he tried to feed the zombies a drink? i lol'd

i'd have liked to see him take out martinez, then have daryl run into meryl eating martinez instead of asthma kid, then at least daryl would know what meryl did as a last act. that'd be too good to be true though.

damn it, why does meryl have to die and not andrea.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #1807 (permalink)
MCB Member

Meryl came to the conclusion that he had done too much to fit into any group without doing a big thing. I don't think he truly thought he was on a suicide mission, too much thought involved as he lured the walkers in and waited for the firing to start in order to cover his own shooting. I think he fully hoped and planned on taking out the Gov'. But did not expect the sudden blocked shot.

Michonne is fully committed to Rick's party as it was evident as soon as Meryl took her...all she did was to try and talk him into accepting that Rick's group would accept him as they had accepted her...she could have walked away but she returned. She is a good judge of character and even though there were times when Rick did not treat her with respect, she knew Rick and the party and that they were the ones who still had some humanity.

We saw the Gov for what he definitely was last night. Shooting Meryl so that he would turn was not humane, Rick and his group have never let someone turn and walked away from them, they ended it....always humane. There is the glaring contrast between those two.

And Andrea is the stereotype that is not archaic...it still goes on today in shows. Time and time again we see the "struggle" of the heroine time and time again rising up to only be brought back down. Only to have an ultimate victory in the end. Even with Lucy at the end of every episode she had victory. Andrea is still strapped to a chair
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #1808 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
And Andrea is the stereotype that is not archaic...it still goes on today in shows. Time and time again we see the "struggle" of the heroine time and time again rising up to only be brought back down. Only to have an ultimate victory in the end. Even with Lucy at the end of every episode she had victory. Andrea is still strapped to a chair
all i remember from i love lucy is how she cries at the end, or someone intervenes to help her. i don't think that's a victory, but i'm also sure there were lots of episodes i didn't see.

i hope andrea dies. hurry up and die already. her hesitation is worse than rick's.

and why did michonne follow meryle alone into the deep part of the prison? what did she think was going to happen? she's usually way, way, more careful than this. another instance of characters being warped out of their continuity in order to fit the plot?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1809 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
We saw the Gov for what he definitely was last night. Shooting Meryl so that he would turn was not humane, Rick and his group have never let someone turn and walked away from them, they ended it....always humane. There is the glaring contrast between those two.
If I was giving the writers credit I would point out that this showed that the Governor did not consider Merle at all one of them. Remember in his first appearance where he shot one of his guys in the head and said something to the effect "we don't let our people turn". Or I could argue that it was part of his descent into madness. It really is an interesting change in events from when we first saw the Governor with Merle and now.

The difference of Daryl dealing with zombie Merle and Morgan not dealing with zombie wife is interesting as well. It shows how far people have changed.

That being said if the finale is anything like last nights episode I can get over the many waisted episodes up to this point.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #1810 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

one realizm note from last night. Is everybody still keeping real time? I know Glen had a watch, but I couldnt tell if it was working.

Im asking cause Rick needed to meet Gov for the exchange by noon he said. So, that would mean both the prison and woodbury are still keeping the correct time of day...
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat