mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #1961 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I have a question. The guy in Tyreese's group. The nutty white guy, and his boy? He said that he wanted to go attack the prison because they killed his boy.

When did that happen and what happened? I don't remember that at all. Was that the previous episode when Merle took out everyone?
Yeah, when merle shot the guys that were shooting zombies
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #1962 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Andrea definitely deserved to die after taking several breaks when trying to escape zombie Milton. If she had managed to escape alive, it would have been too much "in the nick of time" to even be somewhat believable.

As far as Glenn and Maggie missing all the attackers: I believe they were just trying to scare the townspeople away and focus on the Gov and his cronies. Most of those people were running scared, and when Glenn yells "Get out of here!" he is just spraying the ground, not really trying to hit anyone.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #1963 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I have a question. The guy in Tyreese's group. The nutty white guy, and his boy? He said that he wanted to go attack the prison because they killed his boy.

When did that happen and what happened? I don't remember that at all. Was that the previous episode when Merle took out everyone?
Yes, I believe so.

EDIT:

Whoops! That's what happens when I come back to the thread without refreshing.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #1964 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Oh, and I have to say, I did like the Gov's saying:

"In this world, you either kill or you die. Or you die, and then you kill."

I think that line really spoke volumes.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #1965 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
Andrea definitely deserved to die after taking several breaks when trying to escape zombie Milton. If she had managed to escape alive, it would have been too much "in the nick of time" to even be somewhat believable.

As far as Glenn and Maggie missing all the attackers: I believe they were just trying to scare the townspeople away and focus on the Gov and his cronies. Most of those people were running scared, and when Glenn yells "Get out of here!" he is just spraying the ground, not really trying to hit anyone.
Exactly.. Itbwould be too hard to believe that many shots missedmissed their marks..again..

even.in the tunnles ricks group didnt shoot..it was all scare tacttics..lights and loud noise
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #1966 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I agree with Carl capping that kid. When someone has a gun on you and says drop your gun. Thats what you do. You dont answer with 'come and get it'.
And for Hershal to be all high and mighty annoys me. He's gonna be Dale all over again.

Also, I dont like that they are setting up Carl to be unstable or something for next season. Like Rick needs to be all concerned about him, etc.

Yes, Carl's actions in the normal world would be cause for concern, but he's 100% spot on for a zombie apocalypse, and i find that likeable. He's probably my favorite character
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #1967 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I think Carl's actions were explainable. The kid appeared to be turning the gun towards him and seemed to be going to try something. The "come get it" thing - he could have possibly overpowered Carl.

That being said I can see where Herschel saw it differently as well. The thing is Rick is going to be dealing with Herschel's account of it. Carl did not say it was wrong he said he did what he had to do and basically told Rick off for not taking the Governor out when he had the chance. Rick is concerned that humanity is going away and that Carl is going to be about pure survival. I actually thought it was an interesting twist.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #1968 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Except when.he pointed the gun and said get out...

the other bits "why are you here" ect can be explained as yelling at loris ghost.
It didn't look to me like he pointed the gun at them. I thought he just waved it inthe air at everybody and told them all (his people too) to get out.

As for Allen's son Ben, he got in the way when Merle was drawing a bead on the gov. Ben got in the way and got one in the head. later Merle decided to eat him. That's when Daryl found him.

I also thought Carl's actions were explainable (guy didn't drop the gun like he was told and definately looked like he wanted to pull something) UNTIL Carl explained them. He didn't explain it as "guy tried to pull a fast one."
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #1969 (permalink)
MCB Member

Last night was great. The past few episodes have really been about returning back to season 1. When Rick joined up with the group he became "the law" in that he maintained a sense a of moral justice. He took ownership of moral failures...they went back for Merle, they were always going back to do the right thing....they spent days looking for Sophia.

They slipped into a kill or be killed sort of mentality and it was evident when they were not accepting of strangers, they left the hitch hiker to die, etc. This is what Carl grabbed a hold of as being "justice" and right for his group. What the "sheriff" would do, his dad.

Then we see some references back to season 1. Merle screaming to the Governor that he would not beg him, that was a flash back to season 1 when he was chained to the roof and dehydrated and delusional. At that time he was apparently having flashbacks of his father and the abuse received at home. When he stood up to his father.

When Andrea mentioned the safety...this too was a reference back to season 1 when Rick first met them in Atlanta after escaping the tank. She drew on him and he later told her that if she was to draw on someone she had better know how to work the safety and showed her how to turn it off.

The discussion with Carl was a reflection of Rick and where Rick had gone and how it had affected Carl. Rick started off not wanting everyone to die, that their group would be a moral group that would have high standards. And they did...then they drifted...even Hershel had moved into a mindset after the farm that it is survival of the fittest. Which was originally not his mentality. So now I think we will see a shift back to season 1 thinking and a more accepting group that is more tolerable to strangers.

They now have firepower and with the able bodies should be able to fix up the prison and the associated prison yard and secure things from the walkers. Plenty of garden space and such as well. I think the prison will make a more secure place than Woodbury could have.

And I think Carl was too quick to shoot the kid. The kid had not chance and knew it...he was going to drop the gun. Just too scared to think strait. Two guns bearing down at him at short range... Carl was in the wrong honestly.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1970 (permalink)
Banned

the guy's son was the stupid kid who blocked merle's one shot at the governor. merle had the governor in his scope but the kid walked into the way at the last second, inadvertently taking the headshot bullet for the governor. i think merle ended up eating that kid when daryl got there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target View Post

We know that all weapons were collected in a previous episode. I doubt that Granny was packin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Daryl was there atv woodbury and it was a handfull of them that knew about the fights,not all of woodbury. Woodbury was under a fog of bs the gov was feeding thwm.. Tyrese didnt try to warn the whole town he only raised his suspiscions to a select few .. the lone survivor helped people see the truth just before being gunned down..
rick's group wasn't exactly at the woodbury town meeting to hear the governor recruiting everybody. a crowd eager to join you will say anything, so all the prison team had was tyrese's and that woman's words that the busload of people coming in are defenseless, and both of those people were trying to kill the prison team on that same day they wanted to join them: the woman joining the attack with the governor and tyrese from the wall. you'd take their words that same night if you were rick? he took that decision too lightheartedly.

it still isn't too far fetched that the gov retreated knowing fighting head-on wasn't going to work, planted a bunch of zombies and told the woman to stay in the car, making up the whole story about how he killed his own men, and then coaxing the prison team to accept the defenseless crowd, with secret orders to kill the prison team once they were in. this isn't out of the question because the gov is confirmed to be deceitful, and because it's a battle plan 2000+ years old. yet they just willy nilly let everyone walk in. even if they did frisk them, there are weapons in the prison, no? but everyone was just outside greeting the crowd leaving them to wander wherever they want when they get inside to search for weapons... too fairy tale.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat