mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #1971 (permalink)
MCB Member

Outside of the fact the zombies were fresh...her story made much more sense given they also watched the screaming citizens run in panic..

Even Tyrese knew that if the Gov were to come back...they would have to sneak out. They stayed behind to protect the kids and such if Rick and his crew showed up shooting.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #1972 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Outside of the fact the zombies were fresh...her story made much more sense given they also watched the screaming citizens run in panic..

Even Tyrese knew that if the Gov were to come back...they would have to sneak out. They stayed behind to protect the kids and such if Rick and his crew showed up shooting.
could still be a trap: tyrese.

rick's team has no knowledge of the tension between tyrese and his friend allen. tyrese and allen fought while within woodbury, but they were last seen leaving together when rick drove them out of the prison. now allen was spearheading the prison attack, and tyrese has been trusted to defend the entire town of woodbury. they should appear VERY loyal to the governor in rick's eyes.

or perhaps those soldiers were meant to be meat shields from the beginning, and the governor decided to turn them into zombies for plan b now that plan a failed. none of the important soldiers were killed: rick didn't find a martinez zombie. in rick's perspective, gov could easily leave the woman out of the loop only to tell tyrese about a trojan horse plan, because the gov went ahead, because they already know from andrea the gov is sick enough to do this, and because the woman couldn't have possibly seen with her own eyes that the gov was trying to headshot everyone before leaving so for all the woman know the gov could have just fired shots at the ground until bullets ran out to simulate it and had her convinced there was no plan b.

too, too, too many different ways this plan WOULD work. i would never have let those people in so easily if i was rick. quarantine would be fine, but they aren't even guarding the rest of the prison and was just greeting people when they showed up? you can explain that action from the guys who went after woodbury but not from the guys that stayed at the prison.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #1973 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

At some point you have to decide that if you have to abandon all humanity in order to survive you are no longer surviving for humanity.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #1974 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
At some point you have to decide that if you have to abandon all humanity in order to survive you are no longer surviving for humanity.
but they just learned that andrea was snatched from right outside the prison walls without them knowing. so they know for a fact the gov can sneak too. they still dropped everything to greet everyone without guarding in case the gov followed that magic school bus... remember they don't know where the governor went.

like i said i have no problems with initial quarantine to see if they are good people just like carl did with tyrese and rick did with the inmates, but to give them free roam in the prison from day 1 is stepping into stupid territory no matter how harmless they look, even more so if you got some kids like carl and beth already in your circle who look harmless but can cap you with a bullet. having humanity doesn't mean dropping your guard all the way to the bottom. nobody here accused carl for losing his humanity when he shot that teenager: EVERYTHING done by the enemy in the apocalypse can be a trap, especially if it looks too good to be true, and the town that has been harassing you 3 times turns out mostly don't want to fight is too good to be true.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #1975 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Alot of possibilities for the next season...

Even though the story line for the TV series is not as good as the comic, im still def looking forward to the next season.

On another note i downloaded the walking dead video game. I guess it has 5 episodes and its more of a point and click video game. Supposedly its all about decision making and character development. They are also set to come out with the next "season" of the game this fall. The game got really good reviews as well.

From the Wiki

The game takes place in the same fictional world as the comic, with events occurring shortly after the onset of the zombie apocalypse in Georgia. However, most of the characters are original to the game, which centers on university professor and convicted murderer Lee Everett, who helps to rescue and subsequently care for a young girl named Clementine. Kirkman provided oversight for the game's story to ensure it corresponded to the tone of the comic, but allowed Telltale to handle the bulk of the developmental work and story specifics. Three characters from the original comic book series make in-game appearances; Hershel Greene, Shawn Greene and Glenn Rhee.

"Unlike many point-and-click adventure games, The Walking Dead does not emphasize puzzle solving, but instead focuses on story and character development. The story is affected by both the dialogue choices of the player and their actions during quick time events, which can often lead to, for example, certain characters being killed, or an adverse change in the disposition of a certain character or characters towards Lee. The choices made by the player carry over from episode to episode. Choices were also tracked by Telltale, and used to influence their writing in later episodes."

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #1976 (permalink)
MCB Member

No they know Andrea left the town and was picked up somewhere in between....they do not know where. And remember the prison is still filled with walkers, they have not cleared it out yet.

And yeah I did mention that Carl was slipping and that what we were seeing is a return to season 1 where Rick and his group are the humane group. They are the ones that humanity has a future with.

They took the woman with them to the town...they confirmed through Tyrese that the governor had not come back that the plan was to assault the prison....Rick gambled that was the case when he came out from behind the car....if the plan was to wipe them out...unarmed and in the open would have been the time to do it.

We know that Rick and crew went into the dark place....they left a solitary hitch hiker to die...I thought it was great, but it was a shining example of how Rick and crew were slipping from humane and becoming just like the governor. Being accepting of the people was a return from that.

Was it sudden...maybe but then they were just the infirm and the children. All we have seen is them busing them in....we have not seen where they put them or anything like that.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #1977 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
No they know Andrea left the town and was picked up somewhere in between....they do not know where. And remember the prison is still filled with walkers, they have not cleared it out yet.

And yeah I did mention that Carl was slipping and that what we were seeing is a return to season 1 where Rick and his group are the humane group. They are the ones that humanity has a future with.

They took the woman with them to the town...they confirmed through Tyrese that the governor had not come back that the plan was to assault the prison....Rick gambled that was the case when he came out from behind the car....if the plan was to wipe them out...unarmed and in the open would have been the time to do it.

We know that Rick and crew went into the dark place....they left a solitary hitch hiker to die...I thought it was great, but it was a shining example of how Rick and crew were slipping from humane and becoming just like the governor. Being accepting of the people was a return from that.

Was it sudden...maybe but then they were just the infirm and the children. All we have seen is them busing them in....we have not seen where they put them or anything like that.
yes, but had rick been cautious that it was a trap, he would know it's possible the woodbury crowd would know the prison layout by then because the governor has seen it and left to tell about it (remember, there is no reason for rick to doubt tyrese as the right hand man of the governor and be in on the sneak attack, he could have been lying to both the woman and to rick about the governor coming back).

again, humane and dropping your guard are not mutually exclusive. carl was plenty humane when he even waited for the teenager to drop his gun, and only shot after he said "here, take it."

if i was any one of the people who stayed at the prison i would be frisking them in the yard before they even got in, not pat on tyrese's back like hershel did. in the prison guarding team's perspective, rick could have been captured, his gun emptied, and then sent back to woodbury with a bus full of people, forced to play along with the plan pretending to be bringing people back...

it's definitely sudden to me they so openly accept a group led by a deceitful man, hope they cover it next season's episode 1.

Last edited by heinous; 04-01-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #1978 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

We don't know that this was a "welcome here come inside our secure zone". It is entirely possible that Rick has them living in another portion of the prison at least for awhile. This keeps them secure while keeping them seperated.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #1979 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
We don't know that this was a "welcome here come inside our secure zone". It is entirely possible that Rick has them living in another portion of the prison at least for awhile. This keeps them secure while keeping them seperated.
i really really hope that's the case, but the forced warm fuzzy feeling montage has me in a lot of doubt.

also, they should rename walking dead and just call it woodbury.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #1980 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Was it me or was that one weak *** ending that makes me question tuning in next season....sheer disappointment!

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat