mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #2011 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah, that 'preview' or whatever it was for next year makes me nervous. First because they made it seem like this season was so great. Which it wasn't. And also, the producers or whoever those people were come off as pretty confident and cocky in themselves. So, that attitude coming off the worst season (which they seem to not even realize), makes next season concerning.

I would say next season is the turning point between keeping the audience, and loosing it.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #2012 (permalink)
Banned

to be fair those interviews may have been filmed before the season was completely aired.

but yeah, "they lost andrea" boo hoo...

i think it's a failure in writing/directing when the character had to actually explain out loud "i just wanted to save everyone" instead of spending some time in the 16 episodes to just show it well, especially when most of those 16 episodes were focused on her anyway. even tyrese saying "they are good people" were simple, quick, and conveying enough of his mind that he does not want to attack carol and carl when allen at first suggested it.

Last edited by heinous; 04-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #2013 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
to be fair those interviews may have been filmed before the season was completely aired.

but yeah, "they lost andrea" boo hoo...

i think it's a failure in writing/directing when the character had to actually explain out loud "i just wanted to save everyone" instead of spending some time in the 16 episodes to just show it well, especially when most of those 16 episodes were focused on her anyway. even tyrese saying "they are good people" were simple, quick, and conveying enough of his mind that he does not want to attack carol and carl when allen at first suggested it.

http://i.imgur.com/p5Na9pW.jpg
Maybe Korea was unaffected, and Hyundai is still making cars..............
Old 04-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #2014 (permalink)
Post Whore

Maybe this is set in the future? Was a date ever given?
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #2015 (permalink)
MCB Member

No I don't think the date was ever given.

And as far as Andrea...well the fact that she broke the rules of the governor to go to the prison to talk to them and the fact that it was her who mullified the people after the attack and because of the fact that it was her who set up the meeting between the governor and Rick to work out a peaceful resolution....how much more do we need in order for us to realize that she was just trying to save lives? She did not kill the governor when she had a chance too because she simply hoped that that there was an alternative....I personally think the statements made was simply to reinforce what her actions already were.

Did anyone even catch the foreshadowing of the scene where Milton is showing Andrea the chair, and she goes to shoot him but Milton stops her....but then later it is her and Milton in the room and because she did not shoot the Gov...it is Milton who kills her. All sort of like the "bad decisions" Carl points out Rick.

The whole season is pointing out how some bad decisions have lead to other people dieing, but the turn is that in order to save lives we have to remain humane and rise above being just the small group. Attrition will win out in that battle so more people have to be absorbed into the group in order to survive.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #2016 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

I Think Andrea pointing out the whole trying to save lives bit was more to convinced.ce herself then it was the group or audiance.. she's been told for a while in sofew words that she messes up things.. now she knows she's gonna die and wants to do so withought feeling guilt of what's happening with the group... ???

And no,a date was never given..they never told us how long Rick was in the hospital either.. could have been months.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #2017 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
No I don't think the date was ever given.

And as far as Andrea...well the fact that she broke the rules of the governor to go to the prison to talk to them and the fact that it was her who mullified the people after the attack and because of the fact that it was her who set up the meeting between the governor and Rick to work out a peaceful resolution....how much more do we need in order for us to realize that she was just trying to save lives? She did not kill the governor when she had a chance too because she simply hoped that that there was an alternative....I personally think the statements made was simply to reinforce what her actions already were.
she was also delusionally in love with the governor, that simple fact adds an ulterior motive in all her actions: that she simply wanted the governor to succeed to the maximum extent. because 2 motives exist, now we will never know which one held more weight, we will never know if she did those things for the governor or for woodbury, and we can only take her word for it.

remember, when michonne first parted ways with andrea, woodbury didn't need saving back then. she was so horny she stopped trusting the instinct of the person whom she trusted her life with for 9 months. so from the beginning already we know not everything she did was for woodbury.

i still don't know why the writers insist the character be given all these moments to shine and then insist she fails them all.

also, i realized something else. merle has taken quite a few of the governor's cronies during his final fight. the prison team also took out a few people during their rescue of glenn and maggie. yet not a single person in the whole busload of refugees seem to have a problem with that, so what's the deal with all those fodders? they all have no elder relatives? they all have no even friends among the busload of people? how convenient for a cop out ending by the bad writers.

this reminds me of something rick said to daryl, when daryl first brought his brother back. rick said to daryl if his brother does anything, "it's on you." the same thing now goes for rick. he brought a whole busload of people into the prison. if even a single one of them cause trouble in any way (karen) there is nobody to blame but rick, he's been making the decisions during the entire run. i'm hoping one of the refugees turn out to DO hold a grudge and start something, just so rick knows how bad of an idea it was to bring all of them along.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2018 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think woodbury coming to the prison so easily and not holding a grudge is pretty realistic. If Karen (assuming thats the chicks name that the gov didnt shoot) comes back and tells the town what the gov did, that right there may be enough. BUT.... on top of that the gov told woodbury how bad rick was and how they needed to be killed blah blah.... so, when rick comes with karen and doesnt just kill them (your trojan horse trick, rick could have done to woodbury at that point), and also offers them to come to the prison, i think it's pletty of information for them to seemingly make a snap decision.

maybe another point, is that these woodbury people are the old and weak, so even if they wanted to stay they could easily determine that there was no more protection from walkers there since all the fighters of their group are dead.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #2019 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
I think woodbury coming to the prison so easily and not holding a grudge is pretty realistic. If Karen (assuming thats the chicks name that the gov didnt shoot) comes back and tells the town what the gov did, that right there may be enough. BUT.... on top of that the gov told woodbury how bad rick was and how they needed to be killed blah blah.... so, when rick comes with karen and doesnt just kill them (your trojan horse trick, rick could have done to woodbury at that point), and also offers them to come to the prison, i think it's pletty of information for them to seemingly make a snap decision.

maybe another point, is that these woodbury people are the old and weak, so even if they wanted to stay they could easily determine that there was no more protection from walkers there since all the fighters of their group are dead.
but karen is a nobody. even karen doesn't listen to karen, when that walker marched down main street and bit someone, and that victim lied dying on the ground waiting for someone to finish him, karen just yelled "somebody do something!" until the governor comes out to headshot him.

also, moving is a big decision, will you move on a whim from the words of a friend and a few strangers? i would at least wait for the guy who has been keeping the town in "good shape" to come back and hear his side of the story. actually, if i was a woodbury resident, i would even immediately believe rick if i have seen the torture chamber where andrea died, but how likely was it that tyrese gave a busload of defenseless people the grand tour of the governor's headquarters when they have no clue when the governor would come back?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #2020 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

One of the things to remember is these were the defenseless people. Remember that the Governor was taking basically anyone who had any hope of being able to handle a weapon. He had also taken all the weapons - notice the ceremony of handing Tyrese a gun when he said he would stay behind. The people left did not have a lot of options in regards to "just hanging around". Sometimes when your dilemna involves choices between bad choices and bad choices you make the one most available.

IMO the writing this season was poorly done on many many counts. We spent way too much time devloping a character and then killing her off.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

« Stanley Cup 2015 | - »