mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #2071 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I was about ready to give up after the Season 3 finale... Trailer did look pretty sweet though so I guess I'll keep on for a few eps and see how it goes.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #2072 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
with scott gimple taking over I have better expectations and higher hopes of a much much better season..
i'll give him 3 episodes to turn me around. they messed up big time not killing off the governor. they made him into a completely annoyance and left him as a cliffhanger assuming the audience actually liked their rendition of him. they should have wised up and changed the script at the last moment to kill him off, like they did with andrea when they realized the messed up that character badly.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #2073 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i'll give him 3 episodes to turn me around. they messed up big time not killing off the governor. they made him into a completely annoyance and left him as a cliffhanger assuming the audience actually liked their rendition of him. they should have wised up and changed the script at the last moment to kill him off, like they did with andrea when they realized the messed up that character badly.
the problem is , everyone wants to try their hand at running things, alot gets lost in translation when to many cooks are in a kitchen,things get sloppy..

I dont feel they killed her off due to her persona being as bad a rendition as it was from the comic as theres people in the show they were never in the comic and vice versa..

although its the same principle and lose base from the comic the show has become its own monster.. it will morph and turn into things none of us expected to really expected .. every monster has its own flaws and weaknesses and strengths and .. this one sometimes is the character or writers/directors ect...

I agree with you in alot of the aspects you have pointed out in the thread,maybe not so harshly but you make it easier for some to see it from sides some wont even bother to look at simply because they dont want to run the risk of thinking the show sucks...

I hope it works out for you though, theres alot of good stuff thats been seen over three seasons (and yes alot of short comings too) and I have alot of hope for the season/s still to come..

and hopefully Maggie lives a long life, shes hot in that dirty (al though fake) southern girl sorta way.....

but since ive said that i probably condemned her to death.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #2074 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
the problem is , everyone wants to try their hand at running things, alot gets lost in translation when to many cooks are in a kitchen,things get sloppy..

I dont feel they killed her off due to her persona being as bad a rendition as it was from the comic as theres people in the show they were never in the comic and vice versa..

although its the same principle and lose base from the comic the show has become its own monster.. it will morph and turn into things none of us expected to really expected .. every monster has its own flaws and weaknesses and strengths and .. this one sometimes is the character or writers/directors ect...

I agree with you in alot of the aspects you have pointed out in the thread,maybe not so harshly but you make it easier for some to see it from sides some wont even bother to look at simply because they dont want to run the risk of thinking the show sucks...

I hope it works out for you though, theres alot of good stuff thats been seen over three seasons (and yes alot of short comings too) and I have alot of hope for the season/s still to come..

and hopefully Maggie lives a long life, shes hot in that dirty (al though fake) southern girl sorta way.....

but since ive said that i probably condemned her to death.
the good stuff can't outweigh the bad for me if every episode is a cringe fest. as much critique as i have thrown out in this thread, i think they have all been posted prior to me starting game of thrones, and i still felt the show was an overall positive. i started watching game of thrones after i finished walking dead, and only then did i realize how many things game of thrones has gotten right, that walking dead COULD have gotten right, but failed.

look at kat stark. flawed, but wise. she gets played, but isn't stupid otherwise. adrea on the other hand overlooks everything every other character catches, all of the time. my impression was that both characters were meant to be capable ones that know their way around the world, at least at the beginning.

tywin lannister, a menace, a mastermind, like the show rendition of the governor. yet his negotiation with the old lady is much better written than the governor's negotiation with rick "i'm here to talk about your complete surrender BUT WAIT I BROUGHT WHISKEY FOR BOTH OF US AND I WILL LEAVE MY HIDDEN PISTOL UNDER THE TABLE FOREVER AND LEAVE HAPPY WITH AN AGREEMENT FOR ONLY MICHONNE, A LONG WAY DOWN FROM YOUR COMPLETE SURRENDER, FOR NO REASON." too many gimmicks to try to add tension when the dialogue is what makes a negotiation tense. look at inglourious basterds, the conversation in the cafe, the only gimmick was the milk and cream, and it was a reference to an earlier negotiation to recall even more tension, and it was tense even though it was just a conversation.

about andrea, i seem to remember the actor mentioning receiving death threats for how useless her character has been during the show, which isn't her fault but the writers', but still would be a reason why she wants out if it was true.

Last edited by heinous; 07-20-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2075 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
did you read the comic books. if so you see they still have that option on end that line.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #2076 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #2077 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to 2SIC4U

maybe the person causing all the bad happenings in the prison is the person who came into the prison with the "walker bomb" during the raid. said person ran out of the cargo truck and ran straight towards michonne and fired his/her pistol at her. he/she was covered in riot gear (there was speculation it couldve been Andrea to show the governor she was on his side but that was later disproved.)

note: it is never shown that he/she leaves the prison. also, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to find a picture of said person
Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #2078 (permalink)
depot damager

I'm so glad I have never watched this show.

MCB feedback
AGD feedback
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #2079 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SIC4U View Post
maybe the person causing all the bad happenings in the prison is the person who came into the prison with the "walker bomb" during the raid. said person ran out of the cargo truck and ran straight towards michonne and fired his/her pistol at her. he/she was covered in riot gear (there was speculation it couldve been Andrea to show the governor she was on his side but that was later disproved.)

note: it is never shown that he/she leaves the prison. also, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to find a picture of said person
wasnt riot gear.. whoever iy was was wearing motorcross type gear..and a paintballbmask?

there was an interview a while back with Glen Mazarra who said the person wasnt intended tobbe such a mystery.. just a random woodbury person..

and now that I think about it... thw woman left alive in the truck after the gov shot everyone... she could be the one doing it???? she just happened to get lucky and missed during all the shooting or intentional plant?

and thw walker bomb driver...
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #2080 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
there was an interview a while back with Glen Mazarra who said the person wasnt intended tobbe such a mystery.. just a random woodbury person..
there we go again, another victim of last season's crew being absolute horse **** at putting on the screen what they actually intend to put on the screen. what did lohman say? something like "they've failed at making the show because they needed an aftershow to explain what's going on."

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat